Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision. Courtesy, consideration and unreserved respect towards our patients’ privacy, dignity and confidentiality has time and again helped us earn their trust and goodw...
The overall purpose of this job is to review, interpret and report on radiographic images in order provide accurate diagnosis on patients test results in line with established protocols and the Hospital’s patient care objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate patients’ medical histories to ensure the various medical imaging procedures will not harm them and recommend alternative medical imaging techniques, where necessary;
- Communicate the medical imaging process to patients in line with requirements;
- Carry out examinations on patients using computer tomography (CT) scanners and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines and provide technical findings on test results for use in diagnosis and treatment;
- Perform and/or guide radiology staff to carry out image-guided diagnostic procedures in line with established protocols;
- Interpret patients’ test results from diagnostic imaging procedures to determine accurate diagnoses;
- Communicate and discuss results and diagnoses with physicians;
- Compile reports on test results and diagnoses;
- Carry out emergency procedures on patients in line with medical protocols in case of resuscitations, bleeding, or infections among others as and when required;
- Participate in research activities in radiology in line with set objectives;
- Participate in the development and review of protocols in the radiology department; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Radiology from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council and hold a valid practicing licence.
- Minimum of 5 years practicing experience in Radiology.
- Ability to review and interpret radiographic images
- Imaging skills including MRI, Ultra Sound and CT Scan
- Ability to develop and ensure implementation of radiology protocols
- Knowledge of radiation safety standards
- Knowledge of quality management systems related to radiology
- Ability to work for long hours under pressure
- Drive and openness to learning
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Effective decision making and judgement skills
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Patient care skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to mentor
- Communication skills including facilitation and presentation skills
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 8th October, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks post application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that The Nairobi Hospital does not charge any fees from applicants at any stage, nor has it engaged a third party to facilitate this hire.
All communications to successful candidates will be done using official contacts as listen on our website.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Human Resources Manager
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100