The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisio...
Read more about this company
- The jobholder is responsible for preparation of specification, inspection, installation, testing, repair and maintenance of KRA office equipment.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervise other staff in Works.
- General management of utilities
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Ensure routine inspection, repair/maintenance of Authority’s office equipment. Write and maintain reports of the same.
- Oversee acquisition and disposal of office equipment
- Participate in bid evaluation and conduct inspection of equipment delivered/installed to KRA.
- Supervise services provided by third party service providers to ensure that contractual obligations are met
- Supervise deliveries, installation, operations, maintenance and repair of equipment
- Ensure equipment are managed and are regularly inspected to optimize performance
- Ensure conformance with statutory requirements and preparation of specifications.
- Ensure that there is a regular review and evaluation of services provided by third parties and make recommendations on adherence to the SLA’s
- Updating of Asset register
- Coordination of deliveries to site and confirmation compliance to specifications, resolving contract complaints and preparation of certificate for Payment.
- Preparation and updating / maintenance of Asset tracking Register /Inventory
- Handle of user complaints relating to office equipment.
- Coordinate compilation of user requests for office equipment country-wide and
- Preparation of Annual Procurement Plan
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Authority.
- Provides oversight over physical assets assigned to the section.
Decision Making / Job Influence
- Plan the work of subordinates.
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
Predominantly works within the office or houses
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A degree in Engineering or related discipline.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Relevant professional registration.
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least 3 years relevant work experience
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Analytical skills
- Resilient and results oriented
- Team player
- Leadership skills
- Work under pressure
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 30th July 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.