An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Territory Sales Manager to join a well-established and growing team in Kenya Co-operative Coffee Exporters Limited.
We are looking for experienced professionals and innovative individuals with imagination and determination to deliver a clear vision and first class services. If you have an excellent sales track record with solid experience in territory sales, this is an opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Territory Sales Manager will help the company optimize sales and profits through modern trade, general trade, corporate sales and van sales. The incumbent will responsible for achieving envisaged company growth agenda and hitting sales targets by successfully managing the Sales Executives, designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of the Sales Executives.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Implement marketing strategies and analyze trends to achieve set targets in the given territory.
- Develop monthly specific territorial action plans for achieving the agreed sales objectives and consistently meet the territory sales targets through effective planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating rolled out sales initiatives.
- Continually assess current business distribution channels, develop and evaluate their performance and manage conflict ensuring alignment with territory plans.
- Set realistic and achievable targets for the sales executives and rally them to contribute in best possible way towards the sales goals and objectives of the company.
- Manage, develop, coach, control and motivate the sales force to develop them and drive the right skill set for the Sales Executives to ensure that high professional standards are achieved and monthly sales target and key performance indicators (KPI) target are met.
- Champion the Sales Executive team in collecting payment, ensuring all transactions are properly recorded and sending items such as cheques to the accounts department for further processing.
- Gather market information to drive new products, selling possibilities and desired customer proposition.
- Be the master of relationships with clients, vendors and employees.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Sales and Marketing, Business, or any other related filed.
- 3 years of working experience working in a sales or marketing position.
- Proven and successful track record in aiding the achievement of a sales department’s goals in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of sales, marketing, and promotion standards.
- Ability to identify business’s sales and revenue opportunities as well as experience in community relations that enable a business to attain or exceed sales performance targets.
- Proficient in MS Office packages.
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively (60% to &70% of the time).