Grade: Grade F (circa 70k GBP per annum)
Location: Preference for Johannesburg, Nairobi or London.
Reporting to: Secretary General, ActionAid International
Contract: Fixed Term Employee, 12 months. Open to consultancy contract arrangements
ActionAid International is looking to recruit a Transformation Lead to drive an organisational change process for the Global Secretariat (GS), planned for late 2020 and into 2021. Set for a 12-month fixed term period, the role is preferably based in one of our ‘hubs’ of Johannesburg, Nairobi or London with flexibility for other locations and contracting types for the right candidate. The newly created position will design and drive the delivery of the change management programme, working with ActionAid’s International Leadership Team (ILT) and key stakeholders on organisational design, communications and new ways of working.
As an experienced change agent, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing a participatory transformation plan aimed at streamlining the organisation. This will include designing a consultation process with staff and key stakeholders, managing a communications strategy, identifying options and alternatives, and implementing a programmatic and organisational design to maximise the impact and efficient use of resources.
You yourself will thrive on feedback and will be committed to participatory change processes in the not-for-profit sector, with a solid track record of delivery and discretion, displaying strong feminist leadership principles
- Design and implement a clear and simple overarching change management approach and programme.
- Lead a change task force, working with teams across various work streams including management and comms / engagement activities.
- Own all aspects of the change management framework working with the leadership team and key stakeholders to provide assurance in consistency and planning.
- Assess the impact of all changes within the GS, as well as design and deliver appropriate interventions to enable the change to transition smoothly.
- Manage indirect reports for the delivery of transition activity.
- Ensure that the transformation work connects with other change projects within ActionAid.
- Act as key advisor and change business partner to the Secretary General and ILT.
- Contribute to the systems used to evaluate and monitor the success of changes in the forthcoming year.
- Preparing critical internal communications, including being chief scribe for the Secretary General around relevant change processes and communications.
- Strong experience in mobilising and delivering large scale organisational and behavioural change.
- Consultancy and facilitation experience in ideally an international, federated organisation.
- Change programme management knowledge or experience.
- An understanding of organisational design to improve efficiency and risk mitigation.
- In depth experience in Project Management, including working with cross-functional teams.
- Understanding or awareness of Feminist Leadership Principles
- Well networked and able to access complementary skills as needed throughout the process.
- Ability to implement changes sensitively and with minimal disruption.
Skills and experience:
- Change management experience, ideally 4-6 years hands-on consulting experience from a management consulting firm with experience of working on engagements in a complex international environment.
- Experienced in business improvement and/or performance improvement
- Comfort working with Microsoft technologies e.g. Office 365, Teams, SharePoint and Yammer.
- A passion for international development, humanitarian work, poverty alleviation and improving the lives of women and girls
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as a leader, as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking.
- An entrepreneurial proactive and creative thinker, able to identify opportunities, both for the process and in ways of working.
- Excellent stakeholder management with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to keep the change management process on track, including key milestones, timelines and budgets.
- Excellent communication skills with a high level of verbal and written presentation.
go to method of application »
Areas of Responsibilities:
- To undertake risk-based internal audits of AAI members and CPs and to produce audit recommendations for management to improve the efficiency of the organisation’s financial and management
- To support the development of internal audit functions at Member and Country Programme level
- To support processes for risk management
- To support the preparation of reports for the Senior Leadership Team and Risk and Internal Audit Committee
Education, Language & Qualifications
- Accounting, internal audit, or related business qualification is essential
- Membership to a professional body is advantageous
- Relevant certification with a recognised professional body (e.g CIA, CISA, ACCA, CFE, etc) is advantageous
Essential Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Ability to work in a multicultural context/environment, engage in social justice activism/advocacy and demonstrate innovative practices
- At least 5 years internal audit experience
- Knowledge of the IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework
- Proven ability to produce high quality written reports
- Track record of making high quality recommendations which have been implemented by management
Desirable Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Value for money auditing
- Experience in forensic auditing
- Experience in data analytics
- Experience in information systems auditing
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Given COVID-19 restrictions most of our team remain temporarily home based. Should existing travel restrictions lift through the term of the contract, an ability to travel to hub locations would be desirable.
Candidates need to demonstrate the right to work in Johannesburg, Nairobi or London at the time of appointment.
Closing date for applications is Friday, November 6th and for a conversation about the role, please contact Louise Barber on [email protected].