DanChurchAid's aim is to strengthen the world’s poorest people in their struggle for a life in dignity.
Our work is based on a Christian view of humanity with respect for every individual’s rights and equal worth.
DanChurchAid is rooted in the Danish National Evangelical Lutheran Church, but is active wherever we find the need is highest, regar...
Read more about this company
The position is Nairobi based with travels to the field – mainly in Turkana and occasionally to other locations – and reports to the DCA Design, Monitoring, Evaluation & Partnerships Officer (DMEP Officer).
The Communications Assistant will support the production of quality and timely (social) media and both internal and external facing communications materials for DCA HQ, media organisations, donors, government stakeholders and other partners.
The main responsibilities of the intern are:
Social media and promotion
- Will produce contents/materials for:
- 6 FB posts per month
- 6 tweets per month
- 1 in depth article / thought piece of DCA focus area to be published (website/print media) per quarter
- Produce information pamphlets/brochures and other promotional materials for DCA with an eye on donor visibility requirements.
- Produce year factsheet for DCA summarizing main achievements within all three focus areas to be published on website and shared with donors.
Strategy & media
- Media support for DCA events including producing banners, posters and media stories.
- Support DCA field team in photographing and collecting materials for success stories.
- Support programme, project teams and partners in developing communication and visibility plans
- Coordinate and support the production of communication materials linked to specific projects (videos, radio, etc.)
- Produce DCA Kenya communication strategy with annual action plans.
- Provide input to DCA global communication initiatives when required.
- BA Degree in Communication or Journalism from a recognized academic institution
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to use graphics software such as Adobe and In-design
- Creativity, passion and a keen eye for story-telling
- Interest in learning
- Ability to travel
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Fluency in at least English and Kiswahili. Knowledge/fluency in Turkana an advantage
go to method of application »
DCA is seeking to recruit a dynamic and energetic Kenyan National for the position of Intern – Financial Inclusion from January 2021. The intern will serve for a period of one year. The position is based in Kakuma, Turkana County and reports to the Project Officer – Financial Inclusion based in Kakuma.
The intern will support implementation of financial inclusion activities including VSLA, cash-based interventions, livelihoods and youth empowerment projects and related innovation and digitization.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Mobilizing, formation, training and monitoring of Village Savings and Loan Associations (VSLAs) including the relevant digitisation.
- Participate in the roll-out of innovations in financial inclusion and cash-based interventions including the voucher system for farm inputs, multi-purpose cash transfer and financing scheme for youth entrepreneurs.
- Assist in mobilizing, training and mentoring refugees and host community youth participating in blended learning approaches to entrepreneurship, job seeking skills, and digital enabled jobs.
- Support in day to day data management actions including filing of project data, regular data collection, analysis and updating of project data.
- Facilitate and mentor the incentive staff and project beneficiaries to ensure successful implementation of financial inclusion activities.
- Participate in developing action plans, monitoring, evaluation and learning as well as developing routine acticvity reports for financial inclusion.
- Participate in staff training and capacity building.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree or diploma in Development Studies, in Business Management, or other related social sciences.
- Good understanding of community development work, financial inclusion, cash-based interventions, entrepreneurship and/or employability skills promotion preferably in the context of refugees and refugee-hosting community’s.
- Knowledge of Turkana West Sub-county in refugee camp or pastoral & agro-pastoralist settings is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with digital learning platforms, teaching/facilitating adult learners is an added advantage.
- Self-driven and results-oriented in challenging rural working environments.
- Strong teamwork and people skills with ability to create trust, respect and interact with beneficiaries of all background and diversity.
go to method of application »
DCA Kenya – Nakuru Office is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for following position:
The driver is to serve for a period of one-year (renewable) contract starting January 2021. The position is mainly field based (Nakuru and Nyandarua Counties). The Driver will report to the Project Manager based in Nakuru with technical reporting to the ProLog Officer in Nairobi.
The main responsibilities of the driver are:
- Driving and fleet management
- Ensure cost-saving by driving responsibly
- Maintain daily vehicle and motorcycles logs, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs and oversee that other drives do the same
- Prepare and maintain data of the vehicle and motorcycle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensure that all official vehicles are kept clean and is always in good working condition
- Make minor repairs and make arrangements for major repairs
- Change oil, check tires, lights horn, clutch and brakes and wash fleet regularly
- Ensure that vehicle and motorcycle comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle and motorcycle: insurance, logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle
- Assist in all areas of Fleet Management including vehicle and motorcycle registration, insurance, maintenance, security, usage monitoring, vehicle ownership transfers and disposal
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of DCA staff, visitors and support field missions
- Deliver and collect mail, documents and other items to Government and other Offices
- Oversee and ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents
- Oversee and ensure that all vehicles comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Provide general administrative and logistic support as needed
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records
- Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payments of bills, as required.
- Liaise with suppliers to support the ProLog in procurement and logistics functions
- Assist in managing the daily logistical issues of staff transport services, by working closely with the Finance & Admin Officer and relevant service providers
- Update staff on various emerging traffic issues in the operational area
- Follow up on Protocol matters for the organization and its eligible staff
- Submit applications and follow up with relevant Government Ministries for approval of exemption and regulatory documents, issuance of motor vehicle number plates and logbooks as necessary
- Log official trips in the official logbooks
- Minimum secondary school education (KCSE or Equivalent)
- Valid and clean B-C-E driving License with over three years driving experience
- Practical knowledge in basic mechanics and vehicle diagnostics
- Certified defensive driver and possession of basic first aid training and certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Kiswahili
- High level of self-motivation, integrity, commitment to humanitarian and development work
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills
go to method of application »
DCA is seeking to recruit an energetic Kenyan National for an internship position-Prolog Assistant. The intern will serve for a period of one year starting January 2021. The position is Kakuma based with travels to the field in Turkana West Sub-county and reports to the Area Manager with technical support from DCA Procurement & Logistics Officer (ProLog Officer).
The main responsibilities of the intern are to:
- Be fully familiarized with DCA’s Procurement Rules and Regulations and ensure that the DCA Procurement Manual Policy and procedures are being followed.
- Assist in conducting market survey when required and give feedback on the market trend.
- Assisting the ProLog Officer to Undertake procurement of administrative property and various kinds of expendable supplies necessary for the smooth functioning of the DCA office by foreseeing needs, proposing solutions and conducting tendering procedures
- Ensure that all procurements are completed on time and updated on ADMIND
- Assist in preparation of project bid advertisements, bidding documents, evaluation reports, requests for proposals for consulting services, draft contracts and all other procurement cycle activity documents.
- Assist in the formulation, development and periodic update of Procurement Plans
- Maintain updated assets register for DCA Kenya assets.
- Any other duties assigned by the ProLog Officer.
Filing and Record Keeping
- Support in maintaining and updating records for:
- Vehicles, registration, insurance and vehicle maintenance
- Contracts with suppliers and property managers (FWA)
- Filing of documents concerning logistical and procurement matters according to the DCA filing structure.
- Robust and transparent procurement & logistics records to comply with DCA procurement and financial regulations
- Asset Tagging and counting
- A recent graduate Degree in Supply Chain Management.
- Good Communications Skills
- Computer Knowledge (Microsoft Office)
- High level of motivation, integrity and commitment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good team player
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- The deadline for applications is: 23/10/2020
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.