The Fleet Manager is responsible for ensuring KK’s vehicle fleet is managed and maintained in such a manner as to support operations in the most efficient way possible. The incumbent manages the coordination, administration and monitoring of maintenance, repair, replacement and logistics of the company vehicles.
- Develop and manage the fleet budget (both expense and capital) by providing input relative to policy, costs and established metrics; develop and monitor budgetary and Capex controls for the fleet management;
- Work within the senior management team to develop Fleet strategy including technology & innovation, fleet purchase decisions, fleet structure;
- Manage all aspects of the vehicle repair and vehicle workshop activities, ensuring an adequate availability to the required standards.
- Direct the establishment and implementation of all fleet maintenance matters, ensuring effective and timely maintenance, servicing and repair of KK vehicles in order to minimize down time;
- Run and operate the Fleet P&L to align with the intended profitability of the company;
- Analyze maintenance costs and provide recommendations on fleet utilization and replacement;
- Develop, implement and enforce fleet management policy and procedures, to include vehicle assignment, personal use, replacement policy, accident reporting process, and other procedures;
- Manage the fleet management systems and fleet databases to maintain accurate fleet assets register and fleet documentation;
- Audit the fleet control and maintenance databases for accuracy, integrity, security and reliability;
- Perform on-site inspections for fleet equipment activities, ensuring such is acquired, serviced, and disposed of in a time efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Develop and implement long-range vehicle replacement plans ensuring the fleet maintains the highest assets residual value;
- Act as the technical lead for all fleet related matters and advise senior management on acquisition and disposal of vehicles;
- Compile fleet management reports for the CEO and Finance Director to supporting key strategies concerning the operating costs and outlay of the entire fleet in Kenya;
- Manage staff capacity and skill levels within the fleet management department to meet current and planned outputs; and
- Implement and monitor performance management programs and support staff through training, mentorship and coaching
- Ensure cost efficient fleet maintenance through direct liaison with service providers, suppliers, internal fitter activities and container workshops.
- Provide key support to the National Control Centre and the Mobile Response Teams ensuring vehicle serviceability and availability in line with operational requirements.
- Maintain adherence and compliance to the relevant legislative requirements and Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, personnel, finance and Transport)
- Support with accident/incident investigations through technical knowledge.
- Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency and reduce fleet related costs.
Principal Outputs of this Role:
- Minimal downtime and zero exposure to accident liabilities through proper management of fleet maintenance schedules to ensure each vehicle is kept in top condition.
- Effectively utilization of staff, equipment and vehicles to provide seamless transportation as per set schedules
- Accurate fleet management reports including the P&L, fleet schedules, maintenance reports, fleet documentation database and staff reports
- Delivery of fleet operations cost with strategy budget keeping costs down and maximizing profits. v. Vehicle safety, hygiene and reliable skilled staff to deliver the transportation mandate Authority: Refer to KK Security Authority Matrix
- The Fleet Manager is accountable to the EA Finance Director for the responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of KPIs.
- Strong leadership skills with hands-on capability and management style.
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external customers.
- A go-getter, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and social skills.
- A forward planner with clear focus, ardent team player, mature, reliable, hard working and able to work with remote supervision
- Have a high sense of diplomacy, accuracy, attention for detail and with strong analytical ability.
- Business acumen, strategic thinker with ability to make sound decisions for the business.
- Have good problem analysis and reporting skills;
- High moral standing with impeccable integrity; and
- Ability to grow, support and develop talent within the department.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Automotive Engineering or Mechanical engineering
- Eight (8) years experience with at least 3 years at supervisory level in a busy set up operating a large fleet of vehicles
- Tech savvy with good IT skills
- Valid driver’s license and good knowledge of the traffic act
- Knowledge of current trends in fleet management operations and benchmark for best practices
- Proven hands on workshop operations experience to lead from the front
go to method of application »
The Legal Assistant will work closely with the Legal Counsel and handle various matters including drafting and reviewing contracts, conducting legal research, assisting with litigation, and generally dealing with corporate and commercial matters across a variety of countries in East Africa, where KK Security and its subsidiaries have a presence, namely, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda, Malawi, Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Reports to: Legal Counsel, East Africa
Place of work/Travel: Nairobi, Kenya; potential travel across East Africa Contact and Cooperation:
Internally: Main cooperation with the Legal Counsel (East Africa), Operations & HR Departments, all staff. Externally: Legal Advisors, Government Agencies, Police, External Lawyers, Clients
- Dealing with general corporate, commercial and all legal matters
- Conducting legal research tasks
- Monitoring and/or advising on changes to legislation and regulations that affect the organization’s statutory obligations
- Handling litigation and dispute resolution cases in Kenya and providing oversight and assistance for litigation and dispute resolution matters in the other East Africa countries
- Maintaining the regional litigation tracker
- Drafting, reviewing and ensuring execution of bid support documents, namely, reviewing contracts and submitting deviations to the same as part of bid submissions
- Conducting contract negotiations with respect to simple contracts, together with drafting and reviewing the same
- Assisting with trade union matters, when necessary, especially with respect to collective bargaining agreement negotiations.
- Attending court as and when necessary
- Drafting a wide range of legal documents including correspondence, pleadings, notices and affidavits
- Preparation of court attendance forms, following up on witnesses, obtaining and evaluating necessary evidence, and defence strategy with respect to litigation matters, including dispute resolution.
- Building and maintaining good rapport with internal clients and providing commercial legal support to departmental projects and job functions
- Maintaining the corporate register and updating the constitutional make-up of the various companies, as necessary from time to time, working with regional company secretaries as applicable
- Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Legal Counsel.
- Demonstrating moral fortitude and ethical behavior always.
Principal Outputs of this Role:
- Providing sound counsel with respect to all legal matters, in order to provide effective risk management to the organization
- Representing the organization, as required, with respect to legal proceedings
- Maintaining a current knowledge of all material and applicable laws, advising the organization with respect to changes to the same
- Interpreting laws and regulations for individuals and corporate organization, in order to advise on the same
- Knowledge of court rules and procedures, administrative hearings, land and company’s registry procedures.
Refer to KK Security Authority Matrix.
- The Legal Assistant, East Africa is accountable to the Legal Counsel for ensuring that legal operations are run in accordance with company policies and for other responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through regular performance reviews and supported through the monitoring of KPIs as guided by KK Security HR Policies.
- Excellent research, analysis and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management
- Excellent written &verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of civil litigation, corporate law and commercial law
- Competent, prompt, diligent and ability to work under pressure and deliver within set deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and tactful manner
- Demonstrated willingness to engage in professional development activities in order to develop and improve new and current skills and to adapt to evolving needs of the organization
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation in the legal department as a whole Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ post admission experience working in a law firm;
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized university;
- Post Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law;
- Certificate of Admission to the Roll of Advocates of the High Court of Kenya;
- Current Practicing Certificate;
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office software especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- French language, international and inhouse experience would be added advantages.