As a Sales Team Lead, you will be in charge of the Sales Agents in your territory. You will be responsible for managing sales, ensuring that targets are attained, and handling clients in the territory. You have to be dynamic, self-motivated, have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Recruitment and training.
- Source, identify and recruit astute and goal-oriented sales agents who will be willing and capable of selling SunCulture products
- Train, and onboard the sales agents to ensure they have all been set up for success in bringing in sales and meeting the company KPIs
- Team Management
- Carry out daily and weekly check-ins with the teams to ensure there is maximum productivity
- Track Lead generation and selling processes of the sales agents
- Coordinate aftersales customer service to ensure brand strength
- Work closely with the Regional Sales Manager in developing and establishing clear sales KPIs meant to be exceeded by the sales agents
- Monitor and push for numbers closures when it comes to the sales targets on the selling of SunCulture commodities
- Establish a rapport with the clients and also the community in ensuring that all the clusters allocated are fully utilized and understand SunCulture products and brand
Does this sound like you?
- Proven experience in a sales role in the energy sector
- Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quota
- Strong leadership abilities and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think and plan strategically, plan, manage, and act to achieve set outcomes.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and meet targets.
- Passion for irrigation and in-depth knowledge of the industry and current trends adaptable for SunCulture
- Independent thinker with proactive decision-making capabilities
- Comfortable with ambiguity and experience working in a dynamic environment
- Have the ability to handle pressure, meet targets, keep cool-temper, and handle rejection gracefully.
- Be organized and be an expert in time management- both at personal and team levels
- A diploma or degree is an added advantage.
go to method of application »
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Regional Sales Manager has the primary responsibility for managing all sales activities within a defined geographical region. The role is field-based and requires proper planning within the assigned region and is suitable for an individual who is passionate about sales and people management. The successful candidate should be keen on working in a thriving tech-driven and innovative social impact business focused on small-scale farmers with an aim of transforming business.
- Active participation in the setting of the sales targets and ensuring all Sales Team Leads get clear communication on the target.
- Own the regional sales targets and work on 100% achievement of the set targets through the team by ensuring the sales team leads are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skill to enable them to deliver result
- Have a good understanding of the territory and ensuring proper agent distribution in the region
- Ensure the scheduled work plan from the Sales Team Leads are well executed through handling weekly work reviews and planning to review
- Building the business in the region through networking with other businesses for partnership opportunities and building relationships.
- Ensure their Sales Team Leads follow the set recruitment process with the key set competencies from SunCulture.
- Analyzing competitor activities in the region and assessing opportunities for business development.
- Managing the Sales Team Leads and ensuring they have the necessary tools and support to deliver on their roles
- Ensuring sales KPI’s are achieved through frequent check-ins with the Sales Team Leads to ensure sales leads are converted to sales.
- Attending relevant industry events and conferences to build the business and generate leads.
- Working closely with other Regional Sales Managers and ensuring team cohesiveness
- Ensuring team activities are in line with the sales strategy.
Does this sound like you?
- A Bachelor Degree in Sales and Marketing or other related fields
- At least 4 years experience in a leadership role and managing teams
- Ability to speak the local language and willingness to visit farms and do door to door sales as the role requires close engagement with farmers.
- Excellent communication, listening, and negotiation skills.
- Work experience in direct sales target driven business and good with a group presentation and selling
- Experience managing a team and passionate about mentoring and coaching.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and experience working in a dynamic environment.
- Detail-oriented, delivery-focused, and willing to learn.
- Experience in solar/ off-grid pump systems would be an advantage.
- Experience developing new territories from scratch is an added advantage.
go to method of application »
Reporting to: Director of software
About the role
The key responsibilities include planning, executing, and finalizing IT stream challenges to manage existing or new requirements by Business Users within agreed deadlines. This includes coordinating with other business units and IT team members. This role requires you to have sound technical development and configurations on out of the box platforms which SunCulture can procure to make IT operations smooth and achieve business goals. You are required to have the ability to improve and embed system/application/code/security policies and procedures aimed at evaluating and mitigating potential risks.
Your core responsibility is to ensure the completion, maintenance, and updating of SunCulture’s IT systems. This will include identifying, evaluating, prioritizing, and integrating additional system-related updates. Your role also includes oversight of internal servers, applications, database, custom code, application configurations, support, and maintenance, as well as leveraging such information for business processes and strategic purposes. You are required to develop relationships with a wide array of stakeholders, produce periodic reporting, and maintain a sound management information system that will provide support for developing code, application configuration, database queries, monitoring tools & processes at SunCulture.
- Managing day to day operations of SunCulture’s technology stack
- Managing new releases and liaising with Business stakeholders to perform QA activities
- IoT platform maintenance and configuration
- Third-party tool configuration
- Be a strong voice in technical cross-team discussions, includes supporting BI in daily stand-ups and scoping
- Managing the Enterprise service desk (ESB)
- Development of custom code to meet day to day business needs
Does this sound like you?
- Agile with the ability to work in a fast-paced tech environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information, Communication and Technology, or equivalent and at least a Diploma in Analytics
- 2 years + of experience working in a similar field
- Within the East African time zone by about 2 hrs on either side
- Experience managing a complex stack of systems
- Experience using cloud technologies (ideally AWS / Azure)
- Experience using ESB technologies such as Kafka
- Experience in IoT platforms is a major plus
- Experience in software release management and automation
- Strong eye for quality and experience implementing quality control procedures
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving ability
- Solid experience in directing & managing business user expectations for multiple tasks spread across multiple applications
- Able to work in a dynamic environment with immense pressure that requires the ability to solve problems
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to plan, be organized, and adhere to deadlines
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with a “can-do” attitude
Feel Like a Fit?
Please submit your applications by September 6, 2021. We value diversity, equity and inclusion.: so come as you are. We encourage PWD and women to apply for the role.