We are pleased to announce the vacancy for SharePoint and PowerApps Engineer within Software Engineering. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
SharePoint and PowerApps Engineer role is to create and configure SharePoint websites, finding solutions to enhance business activity and customizing sites based on the client’s requirements and build business process apps that can support business processes and workflows. Responsible to integrate add in utility programs and integrations to core systems to support business processes. focus on needs analysis, design, build and go-live in addition to support for a large Microsoft SharePoint environment. To provide solutions on the Office 365 tools; SharePoint, PowerApps , planner , teams , to do , flows, power automate, in design , add ins , office package , database connections , forms and other solutions that can integrate with the office suite.
- Build scalable and secure SharePoint and office 365 suite solutions that will address business process needs and productivity.
- Design and develop consistent branding sites for the organization.
- Write and modify code to build applications and SharePoint sites based on their needs and requirements.
- Provide second-level support and assist with third-level support. Troubleshoot and manage resolution of operational problems for assigned software or hardware technologies.
- Build understanding of communications and collaboration technologies within the organization through the creation of self-service options.
- Support departments in developing workflow applications, add on and utility programs to support on business process
- Lead and direct others in the overall administration of SharePoint sites and integrations to other solutions.
- Perform installation, configuration, and maintenance of SharePoint technologies, software and solutions following established procedures and change control standards.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of industry developments and best practices in their area of business process, workplace digitisation and SharePoint administration.
- Have a basic knowledge and understanding of software development languages and tools to integrate communication and collaboration technologies with other applications and business systems.
- Have a basic knowledge and understanding of one or more infrastructure technologies such as database, network, security, server, storage, and workstations.
- Estimation of medium size projects related to SharePoint and power apps.
- Understand client solution needs related to business improvement and business process workflows.
- Architect, design and develop online SharePoint solutions and support in any additional solutions related to integrating to the SharePoint and PowerApps.
- Solution deployment, configuration and administration
- Customization of workflows, document management, lists, libraries, forms and sites ability
- Train users on how to work with developed/deployed solutions or workflows on SharePoint
- Teamwork –Work closely with their colleagues to find solutions to business problems.
- Concentration –Work on programming tasks for long periods of time.
- Creativity– Find solutions to problems and think outside the box to fix issues.
- Attention to detail – Keen attention to details of identifying significant error in code and fixing.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (to both technical and non-technical audiences, written and verbal)
- Proven track record to work to strict deadlines
- Self-management and strong organization skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Documentation skills
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- A University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, and/or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Information Technology
- Microsoft products (SharePoint, Windows Server, SQL Server)
- Programming languages (C#.NET, ASP.NET, Visual Basic.NET)
- Office 365 / SharePoint Online Development Experience
- Microsoft Power Apps, Power automate, Flows and Infopath
- Experience of working with the SharePoint App model (provider hosted and/or SharePoint hosted)
- Competent project management skills
- Experience of SharePoint Server Side and Client Side Object Model
- Experience in SharePoint Designer Workflows
- Experience in using Visual Studio and using Microsoft Team Foundation Services
- Experience of working with the AGILE methodology
- SharePoint 2013\2016
- Microsoft SharePoint architecture
go to method of application »
The role will be the liaison between business system users and the information technology team in as far as creating automated business solutions is concerned. The role holder will also be responsible for gathering, detailing and documenting business requirements in a format that is useful to business end users and technical developers, propose ways in which the existing processes and systems can be used or changed to meet new business requirements as well as point out and identify new systems needed to meet business requirements, within the context of a well established Enterprise IT Architecture.
Business Requirements Analysis
- Carry out full business requirements discovery that includes interviewing relevant stakeholders and end-users.
- Collect, classify, analyze and document business requirements as per set standards.
- Create high-level solution designs to meet business requirements by exploiting the functionality available in IT systems already in Safaricom, or by filling missing gaps with appropriate new systems, in accordance with enterprise architecture
- Collaboratively develop test-driven business requirements and functional specifications with business, technical, and testing team members.
- Participate in technical/functional evaluation of bids for new systems
- Ensure sensible consensus is reached for all requirements/specifications and help business, IT, and test leads to have the same mutual understanding thereof.
Business Process Documentation
- Generate process documentation that clarifies and validates how the organization utilizes business systems to meet business requirements
- Ensure that IT systems are aligned with Safaricom business processes, and engage business stakeholders in process reviews to ensure:
- development costs for new business applications/products are reduced
- quick reaction to urgent business needs, and any new regulations
- Improved user/customer experience and quality assurance
Release Planning and Prioritization
- Promote proper release planning, guaranteeing adherence to business needs and priorities and as a consequence, contribute to the reduction of development costs in future
- Follow a prioritization process that is transparent and understandable for all parties involved
- Keep stakeholders constantly up-to-date on progress
- Verify that requirements are testable and generate testing objectives.
- Review test cases for accuracy. Validate User Acceptance results conform to requirements
- Degree in computer science, Information Technology or any other related Technical field.
- Business analysis skills
- Excellent systems analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills along with meeting facilitation skills
- Logical and physical data modeling, relational databases.
- Experience in writing formal Use Cases and other UML tools
- Demonstrated experience producing requirements that support test-driven development.
- Excellent communication skills: BAs must be able to listen to customers, document requirements quickly & accurately, and review written materials for accuracy. Must also be able to communicate specifications to person’s at all technical levels.
- Expertise in enterprise architecture.
- 3+ years experience as a systems developer/business analyst in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in systems analysis.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Desire to continually learn new skills
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below: