Want to get a job fast?
Techsavanna has provided a wide range of ICT services and software for Property Management, Project Management, Energy Management and Financial Management in diverse industry and client profiles. In Eastern Africa the firm has offices in Nairobi, in the region the firm comprises of with a total staff force of over 100.
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime Signup Now
Read more about this company
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for Architect, Fraud & Compliance withinSoftware Engineeringin M-PESA joint Venture. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below
Reporting to Lead Architect, The Solutions Architect is responsible for producing detailed application architecture and detailed application designs covering the functional and non-functional requirements for the Fraud and Compliance systems in M-Pesa. The Solutions Architect will work closely with the Enterprise Architect and the Compliance and Fraud community at the clients location to ensure that the platform meets the needs of the business within the boundaries of the Compliance and Fraud roadmap and strategy.
- Be the subject matter expert in Fraud and Compliance systems and available technologies including AML and real time Fruad and risk management. To turn business requirements into application requirements and designs.
- Responsible for non-functional requirements (NFR) definition and design components across the fraud andCompliance platforms and where necessary the definition of applicable NFR’s.
- Applications design specifications for Fraud and Compliance system designs, integration services and API designs, messaging design and security configuration, core application and business logic, database and reporting.
- Detail and maintain application component definitions of the Fraud and Application systems.
- Ensure component mapping is updated in alignment with roadmap and platform changes.
- Work closely with the client to understand pre-approved, secure design patterns to ensure that designs adhere to security policies and benefit from technology integration already developed
- Support definition of architectural policies for requirements, design, development, test and deploy phases.
- Support strategy definition of load and performance testing, working with business & operational stakeholders to articulate impact of testing on quality of service.
- Pro-actively look to automate processes within the development lifecycle, including build automation and test automation.
- Support definition of tooling strategy to support the development lifecycle and work with relevant teams to ensure that maximum benefit is obtained from the tools.
- Utilize technology experience, assist the Mobile Payments Enterprise Architect in defining and communicating the Fraud and Compliance Systems Roadmap.
- Assess products and approaches to support architectural evolution of the platform.
- Work with business stakeholders to highlight business implications and enablers of technology roadmap on future procedures and business processes. Work with Group and Operating Company lead technologists and compliance community to ensure that roadmap aligns with overall organisation technology strategy.
- Pro-actively look for future technology solutions to reduce Total Cost of platform ownership whilst maintaining and enhancing platform resilience, monitoring and performance.
- IT-related education/degree
- At least 6 years in extensive hands-on experience of Software development, under Agile process.
- At least 2 years proven experience of designing building and operating Fraud and Compliance systems.
- Experience on CI/CD processes and technologies, like Jenkins, Git, Docker, Packer
- Experience in the use of UML notation in capturing and documenting designs
- Experience of working within a multi-national team and serving customers from multiple countries would be of benefit
- Practical experience of a range of development and application technology platforms, like Java, SQL, XML technologies
- Experience of API development and integration covering various design approaches like HTTP, SOAP, REST.
- Ability to work within a demanding environment, being a key contributor to a fast-moving product
- Ability to work reactively and proactively
- Strong business and customer focus
- Demonstrable numerical, analytical and verbal skills, in particular well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience of working in an agile environment will be beneficial
go to method of application »
Location: Techsavanna Company, Nairobi
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for a Configuration Analyst.In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
The Configuration Analysts will be a dedicated individual with payment wallet configuration experience across Credit services. Their central role will be the local implementation of configuration guides and approved changes to support the launch and improvement of new M-Pesa services.
- Responsible for analysing and documenting new requirements for new business services and scenarios
- Responsible for configuring new services, optimising service parameters for performance and monitoring schedule and testing accordingly on assigned platform
- Responsible for analysing, documenting and troubleshooting new configurations, leading to reduced service degradation or loss.
- Responsible for configuring scheduled changes on the assigned service platforms
- Maintain quality documentation of the changes made on the platform for service introduction, incident resolution or performance improvement.
- Maintain workflow changes within the system
- Review and a maintain full understanding of Credit controls in place in all markets
- Report to MPA and market stakeholders on updates of scenarios, configuration, test results and reports across assigned markets and escalating issues when appropriate
- Provide knowledge transfer to markets for all M-Pesa and 3rd party configurations performed to broaden knowledge base on execution.
- Provide training to Market and Vodafone shared service teams on the new services configured, testing results and reports developed.
go to method of application »
Company: Techsavanna company LTD, Nairobi
Work Station: Maputo, Dar es Salaam, Kinshasa, Maseru, Accra and Nairobi
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for Credit Product Managerwithin Software Engineering in Mobile Money Services. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
M-Pesa, is a pioneering fintech business and global market leader in mobile money. From starting in 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked can make digital payments, M-Pesa has now grown to offer >40 million active customers financial services, enterprise, merchant and retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving financial inclusion.
The Commercial Team works to co-create the product strategy, drive thought leadership, design new products and features, set commercial priorities with the engineering teams and lead business development for strategic multi-country partnership opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include championingthe credit portfolio atM-Pesa. This includes bringing the voice of the customer, industry trends and design thinking to create solutions for our customer and MSME base, and actively engaging and influencing key internal and external stakeholders. You willalso be the “linchpin” between the engineering teams and the business.
Champion Credit Product Strategy & Execution
- Own the vision for credit products
- Drive the roadmap incorporating industry and customer researchto create transformative product offerings
- Be a customer advocate; ensure the voice of the borrower is central to new product development
- Rally product creation colleagues to drive timely results – developers, business analysts, architects, delivery managers, operations support, etc.
Spearhead Partnerships to Drive Innovation:
- Lead partnership discussions with banks, MFIs, NBFCs, etc.
- Drive business development with relevant 3rdparties, negotiate key commercial and product terms and support legal on contracting
Build “trusted advisor” relationship with key stakeholders across the business
- Offer strategic support on the credit strategy, negotiations and business case
- Co-develop launch and go to market plans with JV product managers to drive uptake and engagement
- Ensure engagement of compliance, engineering and other colleagues
- 10 years of professional experience with at least 3 years of remittance experienceat a fintech, bank or other relevant digital business
- Strong knowledge of mobile money, fintech and financial services
- Experience with emerging market consumers, and multicultural sensitivity
- Analytical bent of mind, structured thinker with strong business acumen
- Results-driven self-starter
- Solid influencing and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, a Master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Contagious passion for,and commitment to driving mobile money growth and innovation
- Willingness to travel frequently
go to method of application »
Location: Techsavanna Company, Nairobi
Reports to:Senior Country Delivery Manager
Delivery of new Mobile Money Products, Services and Engineering projects. Creation and maintenance of a trusted delivery partnership and guidance of MPS markets in their delivery of local MPS supported services. Vendor management for assigned projects and programmes and guidance of in-Market resources to ensure synergies remain strong between MPS, markets and partners. Development of squad performance to continuously improve project delivery metrics and Time to Market.
Initial Projects will focus on Financial Services including Merchant and Consumer loan products and overdrafts. Future projects may support the full range of M-Pesa services.
- Strong Project Management (Waterfall and Agile), stakeholder and vendor management.
- Subject matter knowledge of mobile payments applications and infrastructure delivery.
- Technical and business understanding of mobile telecommunications, mobile payments or similar financial system operations.
- Off-shore delivery experience and use remote working communication tools.
- Project Management with international suppliers or markets – minimum 3 years
- Project Management – PRINCE 2, APMP or equivalent
- Agile Project Management Qualification Scrum/Kanban/SAFe or equivalent
- Communication and relationship management experience to Executive level – 3 years
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills
- Mobile Payment or Financial Services Experience
- Service Operations Qualification – ITIL
- AML Qualification – ICA Certificate in Anti Money Laundering Awareness
- Regulated industry experience
- Programme Management Qualification and Experience – MSP
- Degree Qualification – Preferably STEM
go to method of application »
Function:Mobile Money Services
Reports to:Principal Manager, Business Analysis
Department:Mobile Payments Solutions
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for Credit Squad Product Owner.In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below. To work as a product owner in one of the Credit/lending squads, taking direction from the product manager and working closely with the development team to document and size stories , to then be developed by the team.
- Responsible for creating the overall sprint plan across a Program Increment
- Represents the end user and works with SME’s to understand requirements and co-create user stories and other required artefacts
- Establishes acceptance criteria for User stories
- Responsible for continuous prioritisation of the team backlog and earliest delivery of value
- Responsible for leading the Sprint Planning session by directing prioritised user stories into the Sprint Backlog
- Supports and aligns with Product Manager to allow creation of an effective Product Management team
- Establishes the overall goal for each sprint
- Make decision on options that can affect multiple users
- Communicating workstream progression to wider market and stakeholders in the form of sprint demos, to obtain ongoing feedback
- To understand the core technology platform capability and collaborate with developers in the best way to meet product objectives,
- Provides continuous feedback on development, accepting sprint outputs and user stories
- Strong understanding of lending and credit products and a background knowledge in other areas of banking and financial services.
- Experience of software development lifecycle is essential, especially within agile methodologies
- Experienced in the use of common business and systems analysis methodologies and modelling tools (JIRA, Confluence).
- Strong process and analytical skills, able to identify solutions to complex problems.
- Strong business and customer focus.
- Ability to work proactively within a demanding environment, being a key contributor to a fast-moving product development process.
- Ability to communicate and influence with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrable numerical, analytical and verbal skills, in particular well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience working within a multi-national team and serving customers from multiple countries would be of benefit.
- Ideally educated to degree level, or equivalent
Method of Application
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love