Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
The University of Nairobi, a body corporate established under the Universities Act 2012 of the laws of Kenya and the University of Nairobi Charter, is the pioneer institution of University education in Kenya and the region.
The only institution of higher learning in Kenya for a long time, the University of Nairobi responded to the national, regional and Afr...
Read more about this company
Project: Sub-Clinical Cardiac Dysfunction After Hypertensive Disorders In Pregnancy – Cada Project), Department Of Obstetrics And Gynecology
Jobe Code: Ad/7/74/20 (1 Post) (Chs)
This is a NIH-grant project located at the University of Nairobi, Kenyatta National Hospital whose objective is to study the presence and progress of asymptomatic cardiovascular diseases after pregnancies complicated with hypertensive disorders in pregnancy.
- Screening and enrolling eligible women from labour and delivery and post-natal
- Ensuring proper administration of consent procedures
- Administering screening and enrolment questionnaires to participants
- Utilizing Open Data Kit (ODK) on mobile phones or tablets to complete data collection
- Follow-up visits with participants in clinic setting
- Collecting blood samples
- Preparation of reports
- Performing any other related duty assigned by the Principal
- KCSE or its equivalent with a pass in English
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Nurse Midwife OR Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse OR BSc. (Nursing).
- Two (2) years training and experience in research
- Must be computer literate
go to method of application »
Project: E-Motive Research Project), Department Of Obstetrics And Gynecology
Jobe Code: Ad/7/72/20 (1 Post) (Chs)
E-MOTIVE is a WHO cluster randomized trial to be conducted in sixteen (16) hospitals in Kenya. This is a two (2) years) research project seeking to deliver a reduction in morbidity and mortality by early detection and treatment of post-partum hemorrhage using the MOTIVE bundle.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or its equivalent with a pass in
- Kenya Registered Nurse Midwife or Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse or a degree in Bachelor of Science, Nursing
- At least 1 year working experience post qualification in a busy maternity
- Computer literate, basic managerial skills and
- The applicant must have 1-year experience in clinical research, part of this as a team
- Planning, organizing and coordinating study work including establishing and maintaining linkages with participating hospitals and other
- Ensure necessary local ethics review board and governmental approvals and renewal are obtained for the study and managing study ethics and human subjects’
- Supervision of field staff, ensuring that appropriate data is collected and
- Ensure proper administration of consent procedures and questionnaires to
- Assist in training of staff involved in research on study methodologies
- Making weekly, monthly reports of project activities and
- Liaising with the administrator with regards to study purchases and any other administrative issues.
- Keeping the principal investigators updated on all administrative, research and financial activities.
go to method of application »
Project: Kenya Aids Vaccine Initiative (Kavi) Institute Of Clinical Research
Jobe Code: Ad/7/71/20 (3 Posts) (Chs)
The successful candidate will be responsible for counselling volunteers at a busy research institute, collect blood samples, observe vital signs, assist physicians during clinical screening and administer questionnaires to volunteers. The person will also be required to undertake community work. They must be able to work with minimum supervision and be ready to work for long hours.
- Applicants must have at least a KCSE Grade C+ or its equivalent
- They must have a Diploma in Nursing. Those with B.Sc. Nursing degree will have an added advantage.
- Must be registered with Nursing Council of Kenya and be in possession of a valid nursing practicing
- They must also have a certificate in VCT, Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Counseling training from a recognized
- At least three years’ experience in a similar
- Those with community mobilization experience will have added
Method of Application
Applicants should submit seven (7) of their application letters accompanied by similar number of certified copies of certificates and CV giving details of their qualifications.
Applications and related documents should be forwarded through the applicants’ heads of departments. In addition, applicants should state their current designations and salaries and other benefits attached to those designations. They should quote post reference codes as shown for each post
Applications should be addressed as per the code below:-
The Principal, College of Health Sciences,
THE UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love