Closing date for applications: 4 February 2021
Duration of contract: 1 year
Reports to: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Kakuma Refugee Camp
Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit Kenyan nationals for the following position to be based in Kakuma.
Responsible for collection, analysis and management of data in Quality services sector. He/she will prepare statistical and narrative reports using information collected from schools. This includes ensuring that education data and information used by team members and partners is accurate and credible to improve learning outcomes and improve the quality of self-evaluation and decision making.
The incumbent will report directly to Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer or his/her designate.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead data collection, analysis and dissemination in Education unit.
- Liaise with Head teachers and other education officers, school counsellors and support staff to submit weekly, monthly and termly returns.
- Track, collect and report on quantitative learning outcomes for all learners
- Provide appropriate advice, assistance and trainings to education team, as necessary, to improve data collection and analysis for decision making
- Support Kakuma Joint Education Information Management system and National Education Management Information system
- Interpret available data and information in order to identify trends, patterns and changes in activity and performance and support evidence-based decision making.
- Provide and review comparative information for setting benchmarks at camp level, county and even nationally based on established baselines and targets
- Carryout checks on the quality of data collected, liaising with providers to ensure that the data is current, consistent, reliable and reflect the evidence
- Provide assistance to education team in LWF and partners to use data on performance to improve standards of achievement and improve the quality of self-evaluation and decision making
- Assist School Meals Program and develop reports
- Assist logistical arrangements for registration of administration of Examinations and assessments
- Ensure regional and National data collection systems/platforms EMIS and NEMIS, registration of learners details on the KNEC portals is complete, accurate and consistent with other data collection tools in the program
- Support quantitative donor reporting
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation of the projects; tracking indicators and data collection for effective reporting
Academic and professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Statistics or any other related field.
- At least 3 year’s progressive experience supporting education programmes in schools
- Excellent understanding of EMIS, NEMIS and KNEC procedures
- Good at data analysis and management using statistical packages i.e. SPSS and STATA,
- Excellent understanding and use of mobile data collection applications i.e. Kobo, ODK and Survey CTO
- Good team player – work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to communicate and maintain highly professionalism
- Strong administrative skills, Problem solving, conflict resolution skills & ability to maintain confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Good reporting writing skills
- Able to work independently; self-motivated & Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to promote the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all
go to method of application »
Lutheran World Federation -Kenya-Djibouti-Somalia Program, is seeking to recruit suitable candidates for the positions of Community Service Officer in Dadaab Refugee Camp and Reporting to the Quality Service Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: –
- Taking an active part in Sector meetings.
- Support program that benefit the community and in line with the vision and mission of the organization.
- Sharing information on ongoing and upcoming projects with the Quality Service Manager.
- Writing and compilation of Periodic project reports implemented in the sector.
- Provide technical project planning design and implementation in the unit to the Quality Service Manager.
In cooperation with the management team;
- Support in training and building capacity of community service staff.
- Coordinate needs assessment in units within the sector.
- Support other project staff in the implementation of project activities.
- In cooperation with the management team; generate or prepare proposals ideas and concept notes for funding of activities within the sector and submit to the Quality Service Manager.
- Supervising and empowering the team of national staff and Community Workers to develop appropriate tools and procedure to delivering quality rehabilitation services.
- Provide technical support in the implementation of rehabilitation activities.
- Work with the Quality Services Manager to coordinate needs assessment in the unit.
- Oversee interaction of the implementation of activities and promote interaction with the staffs, partners and community,
- Advocates for the rights of the vulnerable groups and collaborating with other partners in enhancing the aspects of mainstreaming and advocacy for the vulnerable population
- Taking responsibility for personal learning and competence development.
- Exhibiting the generic employee skills especially valued by the organization. These are; Dependability and productivity, Communication, Problem solving, Teamwork, Safety and Security, Accountability and Integrity
- Bachelors of Science in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Orthopedic.
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Orthopedic from KMTC
- Registered and licensed by a relevant professional body.
Skills and competencies:
- Good Knowledge of proposal writing and Report writing is a requirement.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office is a requirement
- Good knowledge of human rights (UN-convention on rights of Pwds)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 3 years Minimal Practical Experience.
- Experience gained working with an International Humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage.
- Previous work experience in hardship, marginalized areas or emergency setting
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili language both written and spoken.
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place
- Excellent communication, time management, organization and presentation skills.
- A good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance