Pick a point on a globe, and Maersk won’t be far away. With 90% of global trade carried by sea, there is a fairly high chance that the shoes on your feet or the phone in your pocket travelled to you on a Maersk vessel. Would you like to impact the daily lives of people in every corner of the world? Then keep reading.
The role of Lead Logistics Product Manager for East Africa is responsible for development of Supply Chain Product families in the high-growth geography of East Africa that are ahead of the curve. You would be responsible for developing innovative solutions, be a part of the commercial process and contribute towards profitable growth of our products.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy, We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Join us if you wish to:
- Give purpose to your career through a role that will require you to have signifianct independence and ownership to drive real business results through innovative solutions
- Have a direct impact over product development and strategy
- Have an opportunity to cooperate and partner with a wide range of internal stakeholders across functions, including very senior ones, as well as clients
- Expose yourself to very exciting growth opportunities
- Leave your comfort zone to be a part of creating game-changing supply chain & logistics solutions
- Key responsibilities
- Responsible for all supply chain (SCM/4PL) product development activities including core products, add-ons/configurables and customizations
- You will act as a leader to assess product requirements & competitiveness ambitions leading up to the development & execution of product & business development roadmaps
- Constantly act as the SME leveraging your knowledge across customers, reach out to teams and facilitate engagements where required
- Ensures all standard services and solutions are effectively packaged and rolled out (including associated training programs) to facilitate effective marketing, selling, implementation and execution
- Support key sales pursuits primarily through leverage of existing capabilities but also through product innovation or customisation, where strategically required, to ensure differentiation and value creation to our existing and potential customers
- Lead or participate in customer or product specific development projects delivering new services or optimised operating platforms
- Supports the area team with upskilling & capability building in order continuously to improve our service offering to our customers
- Creates a centre of excellence in SCM costing and pricing management across Africa to provide timely and accurate responses to support the commercial pursuits.
- Drives SCM GP optimization for Africa including tracking the revenue and cost drivers and initiating improvement initiatives including but not limited to revenue/cost leakages, charge revisions, etc.
- Drives critical L&S projects for East Africa such as CFS establishments, customer go-lives, etc.
Who we are looking for
We would like to hear from you if you can demonstrate the following:
- Master’s level education in Business or other relevant discipline
- 5+ yrs’ relevant work experience with proven track record across operations & commercials with focus on driving results through others (preferably Maersk SCM)
- Experience of working with wide variety of complex operational and commercial challenges
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and influence decision making
- Ability to interface with senior leadership stakeholders within & outside the organization
- Ambition and drive to excel together with others.
- Alignment with our values
- An international mind-set and inclusive behaviour.
- International mobility and willingness to travel.
- An excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Assertive/decisive and pro-active
- High sense of urgency & persistence
- Confidence in dealing with people and building lasting relationships/networks
- Ability to problem solve & recommend appropriate course of action analytically & structurally
- Ability to manage stakeholders at various levels within & outside the organization
- Customer centricity
- Preferably Maersk SCM operational/commercial structure & functionality
- Outstanding verbal, written & presentation skills
- Project Management & Training skills
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
go to method of application »
Maersk are looking to hire an engaged and conscientious Equipment Coordinator who will be responsible to ensure optimal equipment utilisation in line with empty flow plan to ensure we are providing the most reliable and efficient service to our customers at the lowest possible cost, covering the forecasted equipment needs. Implements the global equipment strategy. Develop and implement a strategy to create sustainable unit cost savings.
We offer a position in a challenging and ever-changing environment in which you will sharpen your industry knowledge as well as your communication skills and techniques relevant to Operations.
- Manage inland empty equipment positioning, using PLP input constraint management.
- Deliver stocks and inventory control at inland locations/ports that meet approved forecast export bookings.
- Daily stock monitoring per depot / port to ensure stock progression meets PLP suggestion and TSL.
- Ensure supply / evacuation planning to/from inland pools/ports correctly and timely.
- Establish most cost effective alternative flow planning in case of equipment shortages in line with PLP.
- Manage and develop relationships with relevant internal external stakeholders within geographical scope through the fostering of close interaction.
- Initiate and drive E2E equipment related cost saving initiatives, including but not limited to equipment storage, flow execution and EQU upgrades within area of responsibility.
- Increase the available global fleet, by reducing long standing and equipment dwell times.
- Own/Drive Reconciliation of stock levels between Depot (Actual) and RKEM/ROCK.
- Update and maintain systems relevant to position duties including, but not limited to, EDI links with depots. F1 error clearance.
- RKEMF1 EDI / TRACKING 1.GSC 2.LOC support
- Work with EMR to ensure damaged units are repaired and put back into fleet asap.
- Co-ordinate with Delivery/intermodal to ensure container movement orders are executed as per instruction.
- Performs other position related duties as specified by LOC management/Team Leaders.
- Promote triangulation where possible and cost effective. This should be a joint effort between procurement-delivery- equipment-product but the actual updates and equipment approval lies with equipment
- Drive improvement in Forecast accuracy with commercial and AA
- Maintain CODS for empty drop off and collection steering
- Damaged Container recovery/management
- Seals Management.
- PO management
- Touch point for Container Sales.
- Damaged Container recovery/management under equipment – physical retrieval of equipment
We are looking for
- 3 years of in liner operations, capacity or yield management experience (Shipping industry).
- Understand the Operational business processes across the Cluster scope.
- At least basic knowledge of Operational concepts internally and externally.
- General understanding of Maersk global and local systems.
- Excellent numerical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail.
- Resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent Written and Verbal skills with people at all levels across the organisation in English.