Our Artisan Collective is unique in that it enables young women to achieve economic and social independence at their own pace. Most have deep emotional and physical scars that require long-term case management support. Participants continue their healing within RefuSHE’s supportive environment.
For young refugee women, our Artisan Collective is a significant step in the journey toward self-confidence, independence, and a new life after war and conflict. Members learn to express themselves creatively while acquiring marketable skills that empower them to become economically self-sufficient. Young women gain production and manufacturing knowledge that serves as a foundation to their future success as entrepreneurs.
Our collaborative arts-based and business curriculum offers opportunities for creative problem solving through experimentation of design and shared learning. In our social enterprise participants design, create, and manage a line of unique, hand-dyed fabrics, and other textiles. By saving their earnings, members of the Collective can pay their rent, feed their families, cover household expenses, and eventually launch their own successful businesses.
- Manage Artisan Collective stores and inventory with responsibility to other stores.
- Maintain independent record of all relevant documents for Inventory Control and Accounts Receivable for Artisan Collective and other stores. These records will include but not limited to:
- Receiving fabric and dyes/chemicals and other raw materials to the stores and responsible for issuing the same out of the stores for production and or finished products for sales after a dully approved request for the same is presented
- Physical fabric per type, color, dye and other items’ measurement and weight records
- Color way inventory calculations and maintenance
- Product batch specifications
- Product / fabric/ scarves reports and investigations.
- Bills of lading for all incoming and outbound consignments
- Customer monthly supply statements
- Reconciliation of consignments taken out for exhibitions, events sales, and balances returned to stores
- Reconciling of stocks in various outlets
- Issuing of gates passes for all scarves consignments and single sales moving from the Artisan Collective stores
- Set inventory levels /stocking & restocking levels
- Ensure security of all the stocks in the stores
- Receive and issue stocks to and from the stores
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly stock usage, and stock balances using tracking tools already approved and established
- Ensure that the arrangement of goods at the store has been done in an orderly system; update bin cards so that the stock can be stored easily and retrieved whenever there is a requirement. Similarly, ensure that the stocks stay physically protected in the stores
- Undertake the function of stock taking, valuation, and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated staff members
- Supervise the offloading process, the subsequent arrangement of merchandise, material, etc., and consignment so that it can be accessed and identified easily
- Custodian of all the stores keys
- Support in the procurement of office commodities/services
- Perform any other lawful assignment as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement and supply chain or any related relevant field from a recognized institution. Coupled with a background in finance or accounting is preferred.
- Experience in working with an automated stock inventory system is a requirement.
- At least 3 years’ experience in procurement or relevant field.
- Membership from a recognized professional body.
- Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment and work under pressure.
- Strong command of English and computer skills.
- A good team player who is ready to learn and take on new challenges.
- Keen sense of detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Initiative and creativity.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and coordination skills.
go to method of application »
RefuSHE is looking for a computer/IT trainer and digital learning specialist to join its education team in Nairobi, Kenya. RefuSHE is in the process of building an IT lab and rolling out a Technology Training curriculum as a second vocational track. RefuSHE is looking for a skilled computer science teacher who is familiar with CISCO and Microsoft systems and curriculum. They should have experience training adolescents with an ideal background of trauma-informed teaching or working with refugees.
They will also play a key role in a new flagship program being launched by RefuSHE in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation and Kytabu. The program aims to develop an E-Learning and Wellness Platform for urban refugees, with a specific emphasis on girls and women. The candidate will serve as REfuSHE’s technology lead to ensure staff and students can use the platform intentionally and effectively. They should have experience in digital curriculum design, technology integration, and developing IT/Computer Science/STEM curriculum for primary and secondary schools as well as adult learnings.
The candidate will work alongside the program team to digitize RefuSHE’s curriculum and trauma-informed approach and will need to have a strong understanding of how to translate pedagogy and methodologies to digital resources. Ideal candidate has a strong educational background, demonstrated technical acumen, advanced teaching skills, and a passion for working with young people. They should be proactive and self-motivated to advance the use of technology for education.
E-LEARNING & WELLNESS PLATFORM DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT, AND LAUNCH
- Effectively coach, engage, and motivate team members who are responsible for the production, implementation, management, and evaluation of the curriculum on the E-Platform.
- Serve as the main liaison between RefuSHE’s team and Kytabu’s team (Partner Ed-Tech Firm)
- Work with RefuSHE’s teachers, case managers, and counsellors to digitize REfuSHE’s curriculum, approach, and methodology
- Work with senior leadership to drive utilization of student-centered digital curriculum
- Work with RefuSHE’s technology partner Kytabu to identify best practices for digitizing the ideal “learning journey” for urban refugees
- Train RefuSHE staff and students on how to effectively use the platform
- Train community members on platform use during beta-testing and official launch
IT LAB & VOCATIONAL TRAINING CURRICULUM DESIGN
- Responsible for launching and managing RefuSHE’s IT Teaching Lab
- Will be trained in CISCO systems and training materials
- Design effective and appropriate training curriculum using CISCO’s modules as well as creating additional modules
- Responsible for creating a robust vocational track to support refugee girls and young women to gain expertise in computer science and digital media to support their ability to gain income generating opportunities
- Serve as RefuSHE’s main technology/computer science teacher and recruit part-time and full-time trainers as the vocation track is built and grown
- Suggest solutions for increasing access to STEM education for refugee girls and women.
- Oversee program implementation and design to deepen RefuSHE’s impact in the field of refugee IT, digital media, and computer science education
- Lead the program team to develop creative and outcome driven program activities and interventions
- Ensure that all programs are developed and implemented with a trauma-informed lens
- Strengthen program design to elevate RefuSHE as a strong and desirable contender for funding, partnerships, and recognition for excellent service and outcomes
- Ensure program quality through rigorous assessment, design, development, comprehensive data collection and tracking
- Maintain official records and documents and ensure compliance with international, federal, state, and local regulations
- Work with Education Officer and Associate Director of GEP to strengthen and build RefuSHE’s academic offerings
This position is responsible for educational technologies and multimedia training as well as supporting the design, development, and launch of RefuSHE’s new Learning Management System (E-Learning Platform). They must have strong interpersonal skills and technical knowledge as well as experience in distance education methodologies and instructional design processes. Understanding and experience in online and videoconference instructional course design. The ideal candidate should be a highly effective, organized, and flexible leader and digital innovator. S/he will have the following professional and personal qualities, skills and characteristics:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field such as education, education technology, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study is required
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Education Technology preferred
- 5-10 years of teaching and training experience
- Experience teaching adolescent girls and young women with high vulnerabilities preferred
- Demonstrated experience in areas of digital curriculum design, technology integration, and computer science and digital media instruction and training a plus
- Demonstrated experience working in the Ed-Tech space including designing digital literacy curriculum, working on education technology platforms, training schools, students, or teachers in digital tools preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work and live in Kenya; fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Language skills in French or local dialects spoken in Somalia, Congo, and South Sudan a plus
Salary & Benefits
Salary is competitive and based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
The benefits package includes medical healthcare coverage and pension.
Use the emails(s) below to apply
Your application should be send to admin@refuSHE.org indicating the position title in the email subject by close of business on August 5, 2020. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format and given your surname) with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, names and contacts of three referees, one of which should be your current supervisor. Please note applications without a thoughtful cover letter will be considered incomplete.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.