Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensuring that haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis treatments are administered to patients correctly.
To communicate with other professionals and all relevant parties in order to advocate effectively for the patients.
To provide guidance, supervise and mentor staff and trainees to ensure all patients are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and that the patients are encouraged to be involved in decision making related to their care.
Checking and recording patients’ vitals before, during, and after dialysis treatment.
Monitoring patients during dialysis treatment to identify any adverse reactions.
Preparing and updating nursing care plans.
Promptly notifying the appropriate medical practitioner of any problems that occur during dialysis treatments.
Working with the Dialysis Technicians to ensure that dialysis machines and equipment are set up correctly.
Educating patients on dialysis treatment options, kidney disease management, as well as suitable nutrition and exercise regimens.
To investigate patients’ complaints promptly in accordance with the hospital procedure and inform Chief nursing officer
To ensure accurate documentation, proper record keeping and storage for continuity, quality and legal reference.
To utilize available resources effectively to ensure quality service delivery, profitability, cost containment while closely adhering to the budget.
To promote good interpersonal relationship amongst the nursing team, patients and other disciplines.
Supervise and assess, plan and implement agreed individual care plans and evaluate the effectiveness of care given.
Assist medical staff in the overall care of the patient and to ensure the prescribed treatment is given.
Maintain personal contact with patients ensuring that they understand their treatment and that their needs are met as far as possible.
To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Charge Nurse from time to time
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Minimum of 3 years post clinical nursing.
Certification through the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC) is an added advantage.
Proven experience working as a Dialysis Nurse.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and observation skills.
The ability to operate dialysis machines.
Patient and compassionate.
Responsible for the Critical Care Nursing provided within the Hospital on a 24-hour basis.
Contact person for individuals, cooperate and medical insurance schemes at The Karen hospital.
Ensuring quality standards, safety and continuous improvement of patient clinical outcomes in ICU.
Monitor the critical patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity and inform the ICU Doctor on duty as is necessary.
Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment.
Care for pre- and post-operative patients when those patients require ICU care.
Assess patients’ pain levels and sedation requirements.
Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
Assess family adaptation levels and coping skills to determine whether intervention is needed.
Acting as patient advocate.
Providing education and support to patient families.
ICU nurse must be able to draw ABG Blood and interpret report correctly.
ICU nurse should have enough knowledge about GCS (Glasgow Coma Scale) and also evaluation capacity of patient condition
To practice at all times infection prevention practices as stipulated by the hospital protocols.
Responsible for accurate record keeping in regards to patient care and good maintenance of the records.
Communicating with a range of patients and their families, ensuring that clear and accurate information is included in the patients’ notes.
Must have a Higher Diploma in Critical Care Nursing or equivalent from a recognized institution.
Must be a Kenya Registered Critical Care Nursing.
Must have Basic Life Support Course and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course
Must have a valid practicing license from the Kenya Nursing council
Must have a minimum (5) year related ICU nursing experience
Excellent proficiency in use of Computer
Proficiency in reporting, typing and record keeping.
The role is responsible for provision of excellent and compassionate nursing care to patients.
· Assist medical staff in the overall care of the patient and to ensure the prescribed treatment is given.
· Maintain personal contact with patients ensuring that they understand their treatment and that their needs are met as far as possible.
· To utilize the standards and procedures of nursing care to continuously improve the quality of nursing and exceed the patients’ expectations and participate in audits within their departments.
· To communicate with other professionals and all relevant parties in order to advocate effectively for the patients.
· To ensure all patients are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and that the patients are encouraged to be involved in decision making related to their care.
· Implement infection control measures to provide a safe environment for patients, staff and others.
· To be knowledgeable of the equipment in ward/department and to safe guard hospital/patient property and equipment from damage, wastage or loss.
· To ensure accurate documentation, proper record keeping and storage for continuity, quality and legal reference.
· To utilize available resources effectively to ensure quality service delivery, profitability, cost containment while closely adhering to the budget.
REPORT THIS AD
· KRN, KRN/KRM, KRCHN or Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Higher Diploma in Haematology / Oncology or Breast Cancer is added advantage.
6 years of relevant work experience 2 of which must be in oncology units.
High standards of grooming and personal etiquette.
Excellent communication and customer care skills.
Use the emails(s) below to apply
Interested candidates are requested to visit our website and apply online at https://www.karenhospital.org/about-us/ OR you can send your detailed CV to us on email to: [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers