As a Senior Project Manager you will primarily be responsible for end to end project delivery of a range of real estate construction and fit out projects for our multinational and local clients. You will act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards. In addition, you will contribute to the overall strategic and operational management of the business unit and be responsible for delegated business development/marketing tasks.
Your key tasks will include the following:
- Manage end to end project delivery of real estate construction and fit-out project(s)
- Support the Project Director in the management of the commission
- Collaborate with the overall cross-functional project team
- Check contracts for services for commissions under your control are in place with all clients/sub-consultants in line with group policy
- Help to establish the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Project planning, including advising the production of the detailed project plan
- Advise upon the procurement of resources-design and construction
- Monitor and apply performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance
- Set up and manage the change control process
- Monitor and advise upon projects finances/budgets
- Assist managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Ensure the production of formal projects progress and other reports
- Manage and monitor design team in accordance with commission scope
- Manage and monitor contractor in accordance with commission scope
- Develop appropriate contractor interface
- You must have at least Bachelor’s degree in Build Environment, Construction Management or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years proven experience in a similar role in project management of real estate constructions. Ideal candidate will also have fit-out project experience
- Good report writing kills
- Very fluent in English
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
go to method of application »
The Project Director handles commissions of varying sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project, etc. Typically, projects fall within the $50m to $100m range. However, where the service provided is advisory in nature, for example advising on urban re-generation funding, the overall project size may be much larger. In this case we are recruiting for a specific role valued at $50M and with 10 locations across Kenya. The role with be advisory in nature, sitting between the client and the contractor. This will be a local contract, with options for fixed term or permanent.
- Advising at a strategic level at the project conception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives
- Leading the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project.
- Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan
- Advising upon the procurement of resources
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance
- Managing the change control process
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Ensuring the production of formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
- Marketing and Business Development
- Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new Turner & Townsend clients
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities
- Working with Associate Directors and Directors to construct bids for new work
- Attending formal client pitches with Assistant Directors and Directors
- Ensuring that project case study, photograph and project CV files are kept up to date
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve project management products and services
- Understanding the Turner & Townsend 2+2=5 philosophy and identifying and acting upon cross-divisional opportunities
- Internal Management Accountabilities
Staff management (where appropriate)
- – Inputting into the formal management of an Assistant Project Manager or small project management team, to include 1st round recruitment interviews, input into resource management and attendance at junior staff appraisals
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each project is input into the Turner & Townsend internal database
- Financial management – Ensuring prompt client invoicing and utilising FMS in order to monitor a project’s financial status
- Process improvement – Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience:
- The ideal candidates are likely to be civil engineers with a recognized university degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of 15 years experience after graduation. The candidates should be registered/accredited by any official body in any country
- The candidate should have served in a similar role on a long-term basis on at least 3 previously successfully completed road design or road construction supervision assignments where the value of the works designed or supervised was at least USD 40 million for each assignment.
- Candidates should possess formal project management qualifications or should be working towards them.
- Experience in project delivery through all stages of the lifecycle
- Good communication skills and ability to manage a team and control multiple projects
- Experience of FIDIC (Yellow Book) forms of contract will be a distinct advantage
- Experience of working on Roads is highly desirable with at least 10 years experience.
- Experience of leading remotely located team, or multi-site projects is a requirement