PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Director, Network and Security Operations role is an influential role that determines how to implement the defined technology strategy and is a member of the AWG (architecture working group) for the partnership. This position is responsible for managing the Network and Security Operations group to deliver solutions on a global scale and ensure support for operational activities. The teams will define and maintain technical standards/roadmaps and work closely with field staff to deploy and/or support. This position champions architectural principles, artifacts, and technical roadmaps to create an environment that is responsive to change and supports the delivery of the business strategy.
Individuals in the IT Director II roles are responsible for managing, maintaining and developing global IT processes and standards relevant to their area. They manage multiple IT processes within one functional area and provide IT services to multiple regions globally.
Individuals within the IT leadership job family have responsibility for activities that contribute to planning, creating and implementing an IT vision and strategy aligned with the company’s strategic business plan. They oversee the development of corporate standards, technology architecture, technology evaluation and transfer. They manage small to large teams of people responsible for developing and delivering IT solutions for the business and customers. Each role within this job family provides technical and business leadership to their organizations as well as to the business.
IT Leaders are also responsible for analyzing trends in technology, assessing the impact of emerging technologies on the business, providing solutions to address technology and business issues, and managing financial resources while ensuring the development of high-quality technology solutions. These solutions must be developed at the best possible cost and be aligned with customer and business needs while establishing relationships with employees and key internal and external stakeholders. They are also responsible for participating and leading the development of an IT governance framework that defines the working relationships and sharing of IT components among various IT groups within the organization.
To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills and competencies. This requires an understanding of client’s business needs, processes and functions. They also need a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer operations. In addition, individuals working in this job family must have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
Individuals in the Architect job family interface across all business areas, acting as visionaries to proactively assist in defining the direction for future projects. They conceive strategies, solutions, build consensus, and sell/execute solutions. They are involved in all aspects of the project life cycle, from the initial kickoff through the requirements analysis, design and implementation. Additional responsibilities may include the establishment of the overall architectural viewpoints and the establishment and oversight of organization standards and policies. Architects identify major system interfaces, build e-business capabilities, and identify existing architecture weaknesses and opportunities for systems.
Business and IT Strategy:
- Implements the tactical components of the IT strategy at an Enterprise level.
- Works with business partners to understand business needs.
- Manages the development and implementation of IT initiatives to support business strategy.
- Embraces and executes change through frequent, communication to staff and clients about the change and the impact of the change (individual and business).
- Consistently advocates for the change.
- Coaches staff through the change.
- Identifies and removes obstacles to change.
- Provides input to technology planning within a functional area.
- Implements solutions consistent within current context of overall architecture.
- Participates in the development of IT budgets.
- Tracks and takes appropriate steps to stay within budget.
- Provides high-quality services at optimal cost to customers.
- Measures service performance and implements improvements.
IT Technology Development:
Service Level Agreements (SLAs):
- Participates and provides input to the SLA development process.
- Ensures internal SLAs are met.
- Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Reviews service provider performance.
- Identifies and confirms performance problems and notifies contract managers.
- Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses.
- Discusses work progress and obstacles.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
- Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals.
- Documents and presents performance assessments.
- Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance.
- Implements organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required to achieve goals.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within the assigned function or Center of Competency (COC).
- Participates in IT workforce deployment activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Requires experience in managing high performance teams and building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Expert technical knowledge in at least one of the domains within the portfolio and working knowledge in the other(s).
- Typically have 10 or more years of experience in multiple IT areas.
- Experience with digital transformation initiatives (IAM, data analytics, etc).
- Experience in the architecture realm: principles, design patterns, solution design.
- Effective in excellent written and verbal communication in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in technology strategy planning and roadmap creation.
- Experience in leading big change and influencing others.
- Requires exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
go to method of application »
Responsible for processing payments to vendors, staff, statutory authorities & maintaining sound relationships with staff and suppliers. The incumbent is expected to ensure reconciliation of all supplier accounts and ensure that all the relevant transactions have been captured and posted into Sun System database on daily basis.
In order to successfully do so, the incumbent must ensure that all payments are supported by complete and approved documentation and are in compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures before submitting for approval/processing.
The incumbent must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others and that espouses integrity.
40% Payments to Vendors / Suppliers
- Receipt of vendor invoices.
- Perform arithmetic check between the LPO’s and Invoices.
- Ensure relevant back-ups (contracts, Invoice, MOUs and certificates of completion) are attached.
- Ensure numeric accuracy of all the attached documents in ProVision System including the correct accounting codes.
- Indicate the Location code, Business unit and the PO number on the invoice.
- Process the withholding Tax VAT include amount payable.
- Ensure invoices are scanned to Shared Service Centre (SSC) mail address within 24 hours and Retained in their respective files.
- Follow up with SSC on the pending payments.
- Respond to SSC on coding issues, pending receipt, matching issues.
- Review invoice outstanding report, make necessary updates for submission to SSC.
- Request for urgent payments where necessary.
- Ensure timely processing of payment (within the 15 days) upon invoice receipt.
- Manage of account 59098 (split billing) by ensuring invoices sent to shared services clear any lump-sum amounts in thus account
- Ensure payment procedure is followed as per field finance manual (cancellation of documents, and use of approval grids)
- Update admin, P&C and other departments on the status of supplier payments
Payments to Staff
15% Staff business expense management
- Process all approved concur advances and refunds on the Concur page twice a week
- Process all approved refunds and advances from GC accounting to the Hosted Staff twice a week
- Review and book all cash deposits related to Concur expenses for the staff
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of staff loans and receivables balance sheet accounts by 15th of the month as part of the monthly reporting. These accounts should be fully allocated on a monthly basis.
10% In country pay and Payroll Management – In collaboration with P&C, manage the in-country pay for international staff on the payroll system by:
- Preparing the journal entries for the payroll transactions in SUN system and import in the online banking systems for payment
- Updating changes with the appropriately approved supporting documents and running it monthly for payment.
- Sending pay notification slips to all the international staff
- Review international payroll for accuracy and reconcile against the charges received from the Global Centre through the GL. Liaise with GC payroll department for resolution /clarification of queries.
- Book the payroll charge into the Sun system and present the journal with the supporting documentation for review and approval.
- Liaise with the payroll system service providers for any system updates and changes to be implemented
10% Payments to Statutory Bodies for Tax, statutory deductions and levies
- Work with WVK to ensure that annual and monthly PAYE returns are submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare payments for final dues and out of payroll payments as and when they are due.
- Capture the payments into SunSystem database. Attach the journal listing to the payment voucher for review.
- Prepare and distribute P9s forms to all national staff by working by end of January each year.
- Support and resolve any matters raised by the staff in relation to PAYE returns and payments.
- Continuously keep abreast with any changes in the tax laws and seek approval for implementation from the Senior Finance Officer accordingly.
- Facilitate processing of withholding tax (VAT and Withholding Tax) on monthly basis by 15th of the following month with all supportive documentation
- Ensure the payment is processed and remitted to KRA on or before the stipulated date(20th of the following month)
- Process all statutory payments – NHIF, NSSF, Pension, Loan Deductions, HELB, Kimisitu, and Vision SACCO by the stipulated dates.
10% Balance Sheet Analysis/Management.
- Management and analysis of Supplier and Staff accounts – Must ensure that all balances are analyzed and accounts settled within promptly
- Prepare schedules and Analyze Balance sheet accounts and ensure they are well reconciled (Suppliers, Employee, Loans, Payroll and Taxes Payable)
10% Filing System Management
- Managing the filing system.
- Review the filing systems and make recommendations governing the management and archiving of documents and update with any changes in WV field policies or local laws and changes in technology. Maintain a tracking tool for documents filled or retrieved
- Perform periodic inspections of documents or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility and proper condition
- Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized internal and external users (Auditors, Government agencies)
5% Any other duties
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a busy & dynamic environment.
- Competency of SunSystem & Advanced Ms Excel
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in devotions.
- Must adhere to security protocols.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance , Business management/ Administration or related degree
- Minimum Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Part II
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team with an empowering and outcome oriented approach.
- Strong financial management and analytical skills.
- Self-initiative and proactive skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- The person must be results oriented, able to handle public relations, able to satisfy stakeholders and a team player.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Computer literate.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
The Position closes on 12th March 2021.