Responsible for processing payments to vendors, staff, statutory authorities & maintaining sound relationships with staff and suppliers. The incumbent is expected to ensure reconciliation of all supplier accounts and ensure that all the relevant transactions have been captured and posted into Sun System database on daily basis.
In order to successfully do so, the incumbent must ensure that all payments are supported by complete and approved documentation and are in compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures before submitting for approval/processing.
The incumbent must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others and that espouses integrity.
40% Payments to Vendors / Suppliers
- Receipt of vendor invoices.
- Perform arithmetic check between the LPO’s and Invoices.
- Ensure relevant back-ups (contracts, Invoice, MOUs and certificates of completion) are attached.
- Ensure numeric accuracy of all the attached documents in ProVision System including the correct accounting codes.
- Indicate the Location code, Business unit and the PO number on the invoice.
- Process the withholding Tax VAT include amount payable.
- Ensure invoices are scanned to Shared Service Centre (SSC) mail address within 24 hours and Retained in their respective files.
- Follow up with SSC on the pending payments.
- Respond to SSC on coding issues, pending receipt, matching issues.
- Review invoice outstanding report, make necessary updates for submission to SSC.
- Request for urgent payments where necessary.
- Ensure timely processing of payment (within the 15 days) upon invoice receipt.
- Manage of account 59098 (split billing) by ensuring invoices sent to shared services clear any lump-sum amounts in thus account
- Ensure payment procedure is followed as per field finance manual (cancellation of documents, and use of approval grids)
- Update admin, P&C and other departments on the status of supplier payments
Payments to Staff
15% Staff business expense management
- Process all approved concur advances and refunds on the Concur page twice a week
- Process all approved refunds and advances from GC accounting to the Hosted Staff twice a week
- Review and book all cash deposits related to Concur expenses for the staff
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of staff loans and receivables balance sheet accounts by 15th of the month as part of the monthly reporting. These accounts should be fully allocated on a monthly basis.
10% In country pay and Payroll Management – In collaboration with P&C, manage the in-country pay for international staff on the payroll system by:
- Preparing the journal entries for the payroll transactions in SUN system and import in the online banking systems for payment
- Updating changes with the appropriately approved supporting documents and running it monthly for payment.
- Sending pay notification slips to all the international staff
- Review international payroll for accuracy and reconcile against the charges received from the Global Centre through the GL. Liaise with GC payroll department for resolution /clarification of queries.
- Book the payroll charge into the Sun system and present the journal with the supporting documentation for review and approval.
- Liaise with the payroll system service providers for any system updates and changes to be implemented
10% Payments to Statutory Bodies for Tax, statutory deductions and levies
- Work with WVK to ensure that annual and monthly PAYE returns are submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare payments for final dues and out of payroll payments as and when they are due.
- Capture the payments into SunSystem database. Attach the journal listing to the payment voucher for review.
- Prepare and distribute P9s forms to all national staff by working by end of January each year.
- Support and resolve any matters raised by the staff in relation to PAYE returns and payments.
- Continuously keep abreast with any changes in the tax laws and seek approval for implementation from the Senior Finance Officer accordingly.
- Facilitate processing of withholding tax (VAT and Withholding Tax) on monthly basis by 15th of the following month with all supportive documentation
- Ensure the payment is processed and remitted to KRA on or before the stipulated date(20th of the following month)
- Process all statutory payments – NHIF, NSSF, Pension, Loan Deductions, HELB, Kimisitu, and Vision SACCO by the stipulated dates.
10% Balance Sheet Analysis/Management.
- Management and analysis of Supplier and Staff accounts – Must ensure that all balances are analyzed and accounts settled within promptly
- Prepare schedules and Analyze Balance sheet accounts and ensure they are well reconciled (Suppliers, Employee, Loans, Payroll and Taxes Payable)
10% Filing System Management
- Managing the filing system.
- Review the filing systems and make recommendations governing the management and archiving of documents and update with any changes in WV field policies or local laws and changes in technology. Maintain a tracking tool for documents filled or retrieved
- Perform periodic inspections of documents or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility and proper condition
- Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized internal and external users (Auditors, Government agencies)
5% Any other duties
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a busy & dynamic environment.
- Competency of SunSystem & Advanced Ms Excel
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in devotions.
- Must adhere to security protocols.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance , Business management/ Administration or related degree
- Minimum Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Part II
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team with an empowering and outcome oriented approach.
- Strong financial management and analytical skills.
- Self-initiative and proactive skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- The person must be results oriented, able to handle public relations, able to satisfy stakeholders and a team player.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Computer literate.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
The Position closes on 12th March 2021.