PATH is currently recruiting for an Operations Officer to support the operations and administrative functions. The Operations Officer will report to the Director of Finance and Administration and will work closely with other teams across PATH Kenya. We are seeking an Operations Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Nairobi office facilities, housekeeping services, improvements, repairs and renovations.
- Oversee the leases for Nairobi and sub-offices
- Oversee management of PATH Kenya assets inventory
- Responsible for issuing and tracking of commonly shared equipment
- New Hire set up – Prepare workstations in advance of arrival of new employees and ensure workstation is stocked with required supplies.
- Oversee PATH vehicle management.
- Responsible for allocation of vehicle. Keeps track and monitors compensation leave for direct reports.
- Monitor vehicle utilization, maintenance and expenses and generate monthly report
- Assure all necessary licenses and permits are kept current.
- Coordinate delivery of all new vehicles including fitting of required security units, applying for new fuel cards, vehicle insurance and dispatching the vehicles to respective offices.
- Coordinate with the insurance company in case of accidents for claims processing.
- Serve as Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for Nairobi Office
- Serve as primary administrative liaison with Global Security Officer on Office Emergency Management Plan
- Responsible for keeping the workspace safe and stocked with first aid and emergency supplies.
- Share relevant security information with staff and management for action
- Oversee security systems for the office and staff.
- Problem solve in case of theft
- Oversee duties and activities of Logistics Assistant, IT Assistant and Receptionist.
- Facilitate individual team member success through communication, delegation, feedback and performance assessment.
- Review and update current assignments
- Provide support for staff development
- Oversee travel management for Kenya office including managing relationships with travel agents, hotels and vendors.
- Developing and implementing travel policies and procedures.
- Coordinate annual review of PATH Kenya specific per diem rates
Finance and Budget Monitoring:
- Involved in preparation of annual Facilities and Overheads budgets
- Review monthly expenditure reports and discuss any issues with the PADM and RPM.
- Review of recurrent administrative expenses.
- Review annual supplier contracts
- Maintain administration files and records, ensuring confidentiality of documents.
- Oversee offsite records archiving and retrieval processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related qualification, minimum 5 years’ experience in Admin Management
- Additional experience in basic accounting or logistics is an added advantage
- Experience managing and supervising a team
- Working well under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of reliability, accuracy and productivity
- Strong oral and written communication skills, fluency in English is required
- Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships and effectively address complex and sensitive administrative issues
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
go to method of application »
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
We are seeking a Logistics Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing office storage spaces. Receives, stores and issues equipment, materials and other goods, ensuring proper records of all Receipts and Issues
- Assist in visa application for both local and visiting staff
- Prepare weekly schedule of PATH travelers (incoming and outgoing).
- Manage the PATH Front office functions in the absence of the Receptionist
- Support management of office stationery and supplies
- Ensure staff contact list and the PATH Partner lists are updated regularly and shared with staff
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail including courier services; prepare mail labels for outgoing mail, log in and stamp incoming & outgoing mail appropriately.
- Support booking of taxis, issuing vouchers and ensuring all requests are authorized
- Drive Staff, Consultants and PATH visitors within Nairobi and the country at large.
- Maintain office vehicles in clean and serviceable condition.
- Manage vehicle fuel cards and maintain proper logs of trips made.
- Track vehicles running cost, maintenance monitoring logs.
- Assist with uploading travel invoices in Business World.
- Pay office bills, run office errands, collect and deliver packages/mail to and from the post office.
- Assist with routing internal / external mail and record keeping.
- Assist in photocopying of materials for workshops and training when requested.
- Assist in following up of various applications and payments at the NGO Coordination Bureau and affiliate government offices.
- Co-ordinates monthly and annual returns to N.S.S.F and N.H.I.F.
- Recording program activities in photos and downloading them in respective folders in the server
- Making bank deposits upon request by the Finance office
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’ degree in Logistics, Business Administration or related qualification plus 2 years related experience in Logistics or Administration Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, fluency in English is required
- Valid professional driving license and 5 years driving experience with a safe driving record
- Organization, punctuality and good interpersonal skills
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.