Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children's rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
Working with members of the global IT team, the role holder will be responsible for building, implementing and supporting Business Intelligence (BI) solutions within the organisation. This role will partner with business stakeholders in order to understand their analytic requirements, and implement and maintain BI solutions to meet these needs, utilising best practices. The role requires experience in adapting existing solutions as well as creating new solutions.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Provide the organisation with accurate and timely BI solutions based on requirements gathered through business partnering activities
- Maintain and support existing BI solutions
- Proactively source new and innovative solutions that provide clear business value and construct ‘proof of concepts’ to demonstrate the new solutions
- Proactively identify any technical project risks/issues related to BI
- Estimate and deliver BI project tasks to agreed prioritisation and timeframes
- Support the IT Service Delivery team with the BI reporting environment
- Assist product owners in designing, agreeing, implementing and managing changes to the BI environment
- Maintain accurate technical documentation
- Communicate data and insights
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working with SQL Server databases, including creating & modifying T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, functions, triggers, writing ad-hoc queries and dynamic SQL
- Proven understanding of Data Modelling and Analytics
- Experience of working with Microsoft’s BI technology stack SSIS, SSRS, SSAS (tabular model), Power BI, DAX, Power Query, Excel.
- Experience of working closely with non-technical staff, demonstrating an ability to translate and negotiate non-technical requirements into a detailed technical specification
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with a proven ability to explain complex technical ideas and problems clearly to non-experts
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and strong problem solving skills
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Experience maintaining source control in Git
- Strong experience with various Software Development Life cycles (SDLC) methodologies: Agile or Standard waterfall initiatives
- Proven experience working with various Project Management practices and disciplines
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills to augment a close working relationship with cross functional teams
- A history of designing and implementing reporting solutions that are both functional and engaging
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Commitment to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
- Experience building data analytics solutions using Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, HD Insight.
- Proficiency in Python/Scala/Spark SQL
- CRM/ERP knowledge
- Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
- Experience of working within an agile project delivery environment and with offshore project team members
- Stream Analytics
- Event Hubs
- Cosmos DB
- Machine Learning
go to method of application »
As a global movement Save the Children has exceptionally ambitious advocacy, supporter growth, fundraising and programme delivery targets designed to maximise the positive impact that we can have for children across the world.
Powerful and engaging content is critical to achieving this ambition, whether across fundraising targets, when lobbying for political change, or raising brand and media profile. We are looking to transform the way we tell stories, creating memorable interactions with supports through high quality, emotional, authentic global creative content.
The Global Creative Content Unit (GCCU) is a small and nimble team, providing children’s stories and supporter engagement content for Save the Children Members offices around the world.
As the Global Content Officer, you will maintain overview of all the projects/programmes across Save the Children and support team members in delivering information and content queries and requests to all members. You will help to produce fundraising and campaigns materials, creating captioned photography collections, facts, stats and case studies.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile, to help deliver content in partnership with the Global Media Unit and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- The core team is based in the UK but this role may be based in any Save the Children Regional or Country office. However the role must be able to work 50% of UK core hours
- Enjoy working in a high paced environment with multiple projects and priorities, able to deliver to tight deadlines.
- 1-2 years minimum experience of working in content / fundraising / communications
- Experience of providing administrative support for busy teams
- Excellent skills in proactively researching, identifying and chasing information to deliver engaging new content.
- Able to work independently and be able to take own initiative where required
- Diplomacy and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent English writing skills, ideally with experience of writing up interviews / case for supports.
- Strong attention to visual and written detail
- A commitment and passion to work within an NGO environment
- Commitment to the best practice in ethical and production values for content gathering – constantly seeking to improve standards to ensure Save the Children leads the way for the industry.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin all aspects of work.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s child protection policy.
- Experience of working for an international NGO or in international development context
- Knowledge of digital, fundraising, marketing products and channels.
- In-depth understanding of different types of content and uses
- Experience in using InDesign to design infographics and photo-shop for imagery.
- Experience of online archiving systems for photos and film.
- Passion for following market trends across NGO, media, corporate, consumer sectors – sharing inspiring ideas.
- Good working knowledge of at least one non-English language (in particular Arabic, French, Spanish)