The Systems Engineers at Cisco are customer-focused technical sales professionals who provide high level of technical support and guidance to our customers.
The ideal candidate is an experienced systems engineer looking to expand their knowledge and take their career to the next level by driving key deals in accounts as well as being an advocate for the customer within Cisco, and contribute to a Global Cisco Systems Engineering team.
What You'll Do
- Provide an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and can leverage his / her technical specialization for specific opportunities.
- Participate in the creation of an overall account plan as well as technical architecture plan.
- Generate leads through customer meetings, seminars, and education
- Qualify Opportunities
- Define customer business problem in a technical context
- Help plan for and move deals through the sales process by knowing how and when to engage the appropriate Cisco and partner tools and resources (such as CSE, SE, PSS, AS Engineers, etc.)
- Define solution options and articulate the benefits of a Cisco solution
- Research and demonstrate solution ROI
- Coordinate solution development, including leveraging replicable architectures and researching customized solutions
- Develop proof of concept, including presentation and documentation of test results
- Develop and oversee development of presentation materials
- Present technical components of Cisco solutions to fit our customers competencies & behaviours
- Learn a broad-level of knowledge of the business economics and trends of the industries and vertical markets in which one's customers conduct business, and how Cisco solutions add financial and strategic value.
- Understand competitor offerings and provide recommendations to the sales team on product positioning and differentiation.
- Handle post-sales customer concern and resolve issues, by coordinating and working with all internal and external stakeholders.
Who You'll Work With
The Systems Engineer acts in an increasingly consultative fashion and is looked to as a specialist, or trusted technical advisor, in his/her field. All System Engineer’s engage with out customers face-to-face or via our collaborative tools and technology such as WebEx, Telepresence, etc. As part of the account team it will be vital to work cross-functionally with various members of the regional teams. This will ensure alignment with the global account strategy and consistent local implementation.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis is required.
- Pre-Sales experience is highly recommended.
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent is required
- CCNP or CCDP Certification or higher preferred.
- Strong understanding of the customer business model and common financial pain points; ability to frame Cisco offerings in terms of business drivers
- Advanced understanding of Cisco vision and technology; articulate the vision from the customer perspective
- Understand customer business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform Technical Acumen
- Understand networking industry trends, including new products and solutions
- Advanced knowledge in Routing and Switching, and Networking Platform Design
- Excellent technical consulting skills, including ability to define trade-offs, ask probing questions, and incorporate Cisco solutions into a broader technology environment
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.