KOKO Networks is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya and India. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that transforms life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We build and deploy cloud-connected "KOKO Points" inside local retail outlets, which provide mass market consumer goods in partnership with major suppliers. Our first solution is liquid ethanol cooking fuel, which offers significant cost savings and quality of life improvements in the multi-billion dollar urban cooking market. In Kenya, this solution is delivered in partnership with Vivo Energy, the operator of Shell-branded fuel infrastructure across Africa. KOKO offers a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. We are looking for people who share our passion for technology and our vision for global impact.
As KOKO grows within and outside Kenya, our team is looking for Test Engineers with a strong understanding of complex distributed systems and a demonstrated ability to effectively test and troubleshoot them.
In this position you will work collaboratively with engineering team members to build productive working relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet KOKO’s quality commitments to its customers. KOKO’s suite of products spans multiple technical domains and disciplines in software and hardware, and so experience in end-to-end systems thinking across distributed components is key for this role.
What you will do
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Develop deep product and domain knowledge of KOKO’s systems.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements and create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using automation tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs through to closure.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to improve on their quality and functionality.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Work with the development team to provide inputs to fix issues and possible solutions to problems.
- Participate with the entire team in setting the quality standards for the product.
- Contribute to reviewing and defining quality processes.
- Provide training, guidance, feedback, and coaching to testing team members.
- Collaborate with team members on defects/issues and timelines to ensure timely delivery of releases.
- Track quality metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
KOKO’s technology stack currently includes (but is not limited to):
Core Technology: AWS, Python, Flask, Vue.js, Postgres, Kotlin, Java, Firebase, C++, Celery, Message Queues, Odoo ERP, Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI, Git
Test Engineering: Maven, Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber, Postman,Newman, JMeter
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in manual and automation testing.
- Experience in creating test plans and test scenarios.
- Experience in BDD tools like Cucumber with web testing frameworks like Selenium.
- Experience in mobile app testing tools like Firebase Test Lab or Appium is preferred.
- Experience in testing REST APIs.
- Knowledge of database architectures and data models used in the relevant product.
- Experience working with Performance and load testing tools such as JMeter, Gatling or equivalent is a plus.
- Demonstrate problem solving and innovation ability.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking.
- Strong teamwork focus and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Discounted health insurance with no-cost financing for you and your dependents (in Kenya)
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- Ongoing investment in you and your skills, incl. full access to over 5,000 online courses
- The right equipment for the job - a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop
We believe that our people are critical for our ambitious growth plans in Kenya and beyond. We want to build an organisation where people thrive, feel included, grow professionally, and enjoy having high impact through their work.
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!
go to method of application »
Your Role As Country Finance Manager, you will manage the financial and compliance for KOKO Kenya during a period of significant growth of the Company’s operations. This role is a great opportunity for a forward-thinking individual to collaborate in the definition of KOKO’s evolving organizational structure and work with an innovative team.
What You Will Bring
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- 5+ years of proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Director Finance, or similar role, ideally in the FMCG, Logistics, Energy, or Retail Sectors
- International financial experience, including knowledge of multi-currency FX & treasury processes
- Familiarity with export/import matters in Kenya and abroad
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in several accounting software packages
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Proven leadership record, including in respect of financial audits and external stakeholder management processes
- Experience of operating in a matrix reporting structure
- Uninterrupted track record of proven and unquestioned integrity
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA/CIMA) is a plus
- Capital markets or leading accountancy firm background is a plus
- Flawless written and spoken English, Kiswahili, and Indian language (Gujarati, Hindi) skills a plus
What You Will Do
- Monitor, maintain, and regularly test operational controls, updating relevant procedure documents and process maps
- Align and improve existing accounting systems
- Take lead in the implementation of new and existing financial systems including upgrades, testing, and feedback
- Oversee processing of transactions in the Company’s accounting system
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting packs for leadership & management teams, providing detailed commentary on performance
- Prepare management monthly accounts and interim reports under IFRS
- Manage the budget and reforecasting processes, ensuring operating costs and operational efficiencies are considered
- Assist in the coordination, preparation, and sign-off of annual financial statements
- Provide advice and recommendations on financial procedures and practices
- Liaise with internal software teams and external service providers to set up bespoke financial accounting and reporting modules
- Manage the financial control process to ensure the integrity of the accounting records, ensuring regular reconciliations are prepared and reviewed
- Ensure that financial accounting policies comply with current financial reporting standards and are adhered to in practice
- Have detailed knowledge of current financial reporting standards, policies, and regulations
go to method of application »
Your Role: You will recruit new agents, provide product and service information and resolve product and service queries. You will assist in shop set up, merchandising, marketing and training support.
What You Will Bring To KOKO:
- Bachelor's degree/Diploma from an accredited university.
- Ability to work cross functionally with other departments in the business.
- Business Acumen.
- Empathetic customer orientation and ability to adapt and respond to challenging situations
- Excellent written and oral communication and listening skills.
- Proficiency with Gmail and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Results orientation and comfort in a performance-driven work environment.
What You Will Do:
- Interview and assess prospective agents
- Pitching to qualified agents
- Collect KYC documents for all onboarded agents
- Shop setup for newly on-boarded agents
- Drive sales through Joint Business Plans and Trade Marketing Initiatives with Agents
- Monitor JBP targets vs actuals and support agents to achieve and exceed targets
- Professionally manage new and existing KOKO Retail Agents.
- Market KOKO Retail products and services
- Gather market intelligence and customer feedback and share back to leadership
- Identify KOKO Retail operational issues, knowledge gaps and suggest improvements.
- Provide prompt responses and resolutions to queries and escalate issues to management, as needed
- Other roles and as when they arise.
go to method of application »
As Customer Sales Manager, you will own all plans and outcomes for your assigned sales channel, including setting monthly activity plans, scheduling field events, and achieving sales targets. You will manage and lead a large team of sales representatives, comprised of KOKO employees and external representatives. Overall, your job is critical to KOKO's growth as a business in Kenya and beyond. Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and CRM experience preferred5+ years experience in sales leadership.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully motivating and leading a frontline sales force & delivering results.
- Experience in B2C direct sales.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet competing deadlines.
- Creative problem-solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- A positive attitude & a passion for winning.
- Develop and implement targeted strategies, activity plans, and reports to meet set targets.
- Manage, develop, and coach the sales team to achieve their targets.
- Provide field support to ensure closure of sales opportunities.
- Work with channel partners to schedule activities and identify new opportunities.
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly sales reports to allow for efficient and effective decision making.
- Collaborate with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting.
- Provide feedback to Software Product & BizOps teams to improve KOKO's sales tools and software.