Services is a leading recruitment agency in Kenya providing complete recruitment services. In the last ten years we have been partners to local and foreign businesses looking to hire Kenyan professionals. We have recruited for diverse clients in different sectors and industries.
Accounts Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain an up to date daily recording of transactions and input data into the accounting system
- Issue and validate invoices to customers based on services rendered and/or goods sold
- Ensure proper book keeping, documentation and filing of the company documents
- Adhere to the established internal control over cash and bank transactions and ensure completeness and accuracy of supporting documentation
- Prepare monthly balance sheet schedules and check all financial transactions for accuracy
Qualifications for the Accounts Assistant Job
- Minimum CPA Section IV or equivalent
- At least 1-2 years experience
- Must be conversant with Accounting packages
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
- Must have a good understanding of financial concepts and pay keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
go to method of application »
Monitoring & Evaluation /Data Analyst Manager Job Responsibilities
Global M&E work
- Lead on designing, developing and implementing an excel based M&E systems, including development of M&E plans, frameworks, processes and data collection tools (including baseline) for all the programmes and projects in the organization
- Design M&E plans and systems, identify key performance parameters for new programmes and projects and ensure the effective use by staff, partners and stakeholders as necessary
- Work with programmes at inception phase to define M&E plans for each project, log frames, and targets, implement the donor’s requirements, create long term plans, etc
- Supervise the development of appropriate monitoring, tracking and reporting systems, tools and templates that enhance monitoring of project outputs and quality, generate quality evidence on project impact and promote and ensure use of data for decision-making processes
- Build capacity of staff in project monitoring and data collection against set indicators, and use of such information in development of project reports
- Develop appropriate research tools for conducting both qualitative and quantitative surveys and training staff and external enumerators in the use of the tools
- Support Program Managers in the formulation of baseline measures and targets, during writing and set up of donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation
- Lead and coordinate assessment and evaluations of programmes
- Review or edit project data in reports as requested and required; Produce analytical summaries: graphs, charts, tables, narratives as requested, to fulfill internal and external reporting requirements
- Keep abreast of the latest industry developments in M&E and network with other organizations for best practices and technical assistance.
Data analysis and database management work
- Design and maintain an excel based database system that improves the company’s ability to inform program implementation, analyze data, identify trends and present impact to key stakeholders
- Ensure all relevant programme staff is able to utilize the database to analyze program information and results. Develop the necessary told for the field team to feed in data in the data base in a way that minimize entry errors
- Review data being collected in order to locate and fix problems with data entry or integrity
- Manage project database to facilitate timely information updates, data quality assurance, sharing of information and learning, and data use for decision-making
- Prepare data reports (tables, charts, narratives, visuals) at regular intervals and ad hoc as needed to respond to requests for information, inputs to project work plans and semi-annual reports, and other internal and external data analysis and reporting requirements
- To take the lead in conducting continuous data analysis of enterprise/business performance from programme data
- Provide analytical expertise with regards to identifying and confirming patterns and trends in data
- Provide technical assistance to country programs for implementing M&E activities
- To be the person that ultimately checks and signs off on data and analysis.
Qualifications for the Monitoring & Evaluation /Data Analyst Manager Job
- Masters Degree in Statistics, Economics, Business Management or other analytics field.
- 3-5 years experience in complex data analysis within programmes in M&E context, leading and coordinating M&E systems to produce analysis
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation systems and frameworks for international development programs, Understanding of statistical software and data management required.
- Certified advanced excel skills is required with the ability to create excel based tools using complex formulas, pivot tables, create graphs etc.
- Ability to see patterns in data and understand the cause and effect.
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate well on a team while also taking initiative to complete assigned tasks with high competence.
- High level of integrity and strong analytical skills, presentation and statistics
- Ability to communicate respectfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
go to method of application »
Key Responsibilities for the SME Advisor Job
- Working with humanitarian organizations and the private sector to develop a pipeline of projects that could address current energy needs in humanitarian settings.
- Working with project developers to refine the technical and financial scope of their proposals.
- Leading the design of funding mechanisms for energy projects in humanitarian settings based on consultations between potential donors and project developers.
- Managing the design of the fund structure, institutional arrangements, evaluation criteria, project specifications etc.
- Conducting feasibility into businesses model and technical solutions that can address current energy challenges in camp settings including non-wood based fuel and infrastructure management contracts.
- Conducting consultations with stakeholders to design the required support mechanisms and contracts.
- Developing procurement processes and contracts that could be used for tendering energy services.
- Coordinating the review and evaluation of project proposals and preparing the necessary documentation for disbursement of small grant awards.
- Monitoring and evaluation of grants that have been awarded to project developers
- Provision of technical assistance during the implementation of the projects.
- Supporting the design and implementation of market based interventions under the programme including proposed activities and partners for implementation. Inputting into project documents, work plans and budgets.
- Supporting the design of tools for use by humanitarian actors to improve energy data management and camp level planning of energy interventions.
- Inputting into programme reports to communicate activities with partners and donors and toolkits disseminating findings from the programme.
- Managing relationships and communication between MEI and the private sector to ensure their effective involvement and input throughout the programme.
- Supporting monitoring and evaluation activities across the programme to ensure data and evidence on programme interventions are accurately captured.
- Support in other programme management and operational activities as required.
SME Advisor Job Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience as an SME advisor preferably in energy project development, operations, or financing
- Experience in management or strategic consulting or financial advisory
- Experience working in the energy sector in East Africa with a strong focus on private sector engagement and development
- Experience in project management, management of small scale grants and monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Experience working with rural and off-grid business models and technologies, and an understanding of the unique challenges faced by businesses operating in Africa
- Exposure in procurement and contracting for energy projects and services is a plus.
- Good team building and motivational skills with an ability to work with a diverse mix of professionals and deliver;
- Very strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to interact with a range of stakeholders at the private sector, NGOs and community level
- A can-do and collaborative mindset – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving and entrepreneurial environment with a team from diverse backgrounds
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to put frameworks and structures in place for effective implementation and monitoring of projects
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accounts Assistant) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 13th December 2016. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV. N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.