Dodore Kenya Ltd. is contracted by M-TIBA with the role of health care provider management which involves engaging, contracting, training and follow-up with healthcare facilities in the M-TIBA network. M-TIBA is a service on your mobile phone that allows anyone to send, save and spend funds specifically for medical treatment. Money stored in M-TIBA can only be used to pay for treatment and medication at partner clinics and hospitals.
Dodore Kenya is seeking to recruit ambitious and highly performing Field Officers who will report to the Programme Manager and who will be working a lot with the project assistant and the project support officer.
The Field Officers will report to the Programme Manager and will be responsible for making sure the healthcare facilities contracted on M-TIBA are fully supported to be able to perform their obligation in using M-TIBA.
This role entails training and retraining the owners and staff of the facilities, supporting them in registering and billing patients on the online platform and also assisting patients within the facility to register and use M-TIBA. The role also entails constant follow up to the facilities to introduce other products on behalf of the client and also to do hand holding in the usage of M-TIBA.
The Field Officer will be well facilitated with transport, meals, accommodation and airtime by the company when in the field.
Field Officer Job Responsibilities
- Set up, follow up on and honor appointments (on time) to Healthcare facilities (including pharmacies, clinics and hospitals) and make sure all necessary information is shared with the clinics on M-TIBA and other products aligned to M-TIBA.
- Explain contracts and any other documentation to the Healthcare facilities and assist them in understanding them and if necessary signing them.
- Training and retraining the owners and staff of facilities on the online (payment) systems that they will use for M-TIBA; supporting them in registering and billing patients on the online platform and also assisting patients within the facility to register and use M-TIBA.
- Introduce and sell new and existing products to the healthcare facilities as stipulated by the employer and the client organization.
- Gathering market, product and provider perception intelligence from the facilities and from the field and forward to the Programme Manager.
- Keep management informed by submitting daily activity and results reports in the manner stipulated by the Employer.
- Resolve customer complaints and /or inquiries where possible and permitted and where not able to or not permitted, refers customer’s complaints and/or inquiries to the appropriate channels.
- The FO is expected to show up for their appointments (both those with the facilities as those called by the employer) on time. Consistent failure to keep time will result in disciplinary action as per the company’s rules.
- Escalate problems in a timely manner whenever needed to the Programme Manager.
- The FO will be tasked with coming up with strategies of reaching weekly targets as given by the employer. This entails preparing, organizing and planning of daily work schedule in accordance to the appointments set by the FO.
- Coordinate with the other Field Officers to get important information which can assist in better serving the facility.
Qualifications for the Field Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with more than one year experience in field work and/or sales or Diploma with more than two years’ experience in field work and/or sales. Experience in working with Healthcare facilities is an added advantage.
- Should have basic computer skills especially the internet as the systems to be trained on are online payment systems and also the reporting tools are web based. The Field Officer should be savvy and show readiness to learn new online applications.
- The job will entail over 90% travel around the country and hence will need flexibility. The travel will be by public transport (long haul bus service, matatu and bodaboda) from one region to another and basic accommodation.
- The candidate has to demonstrate training skills both at a personal and group setting.
- Organizational and planning skills are essential for this job. Each employee will manage their daily, weekly and monthly work schedule and report appropriately.
- A strict time management practice is imperative in this position and within Dodore Kenya Ltd as a company.
- People skills, good communication skills, customer service skills are essential in this position.
- Accuracy and writing skills is critical for reporting
Recruitment and selection process:
There will be one week of training on M-TIBA and the systems to train the Healthcare facilities on.
During and after the one week training, there will be a test, roleplays and a selection process of the best candidates. On selection, a thorough and extensive training will be given to the selected candidates to allow them perform optimally on the job.
The top candidates will receive a more extensive training and will be contracted for an initial 3 months after which extensions of up to 9 months might be offered.
Salary: 40,000 starting salary.
Method of Application
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional which will offer growth, experience and exposure to the candidates. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 1700hrs 17th December, 2016. Each application should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager and include the following:
An updated CV with updated contact details: Phone No., Email Address; and An application letter which should include cover letter clearly stating why you are the right candidate for the job (application letter and cover letter should be attached as one document).
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed