If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
RTS Global Partners is the largest family business advisory firm in Africa, Middle East & Asia, with 50+ members in 8 countries. RTS has its core business established in Advisory, with supporting divisions in Consulting, Education and Ventures. RTS has worked with family owned businesses from 2 to 53 members across two to five generations. RTS advises families in implementation of succession planning, board meeting facilitations, family constitutions, family value charters, family structures, family vision alignment, conflict resolution and job role allocations. RTS also focus on growth strategies within client businesses, with the hiring of executive talent, building dream teams and embedding peak performance solutions to transform their family business. RTS also invests in conducting extensive research, compiling surveys, building legacy indexes and developing next generation FamilyMBA programs and supporting executive forums with senior family members. RTS in 2016 was recognized with the ‘Disruptive Entrepreneur of the Year’ award by the CEO of Dubai SME at the SME Global Summit, for its social impact, excellent governance and innovative solutions.
The project manager is the person responsible for achieving the project's objectives by managing all activities necessary to deliver the project or services to the required quality standard and within the time and cost constraints agreed with the project customer, and program manager. Depending on the type and nature of the project being undertaken, this role may cover the entire project from start to finish or it may cover a phase or component of the project.
- Create and develop work plans within stipulated Budgets
- Must adhere to quality and compliance standards in building and logistics
- Is expected to work within timelines provided
- Will be expected to deliver on different projects with high quality standards
- Ensure the required products, services or deliverables are produced to the required quality standard.
- Ensure the time (schedule) and cost (budget) constraints of the project are achieved.
- Provide leadership, direction and motivation to the project team.
- Liaise with the program management office, stakeholders and senior management as required.
- Integrate the nine project management knowledge areas.
- Work within the timeline stipulated and within the Budget
- Implement cost savings measures by implementing a Work Plan in coordination with Team and Directors.
- Liaise with the program manager or sponsor to ensure the project objectives are achieved.
- Manage a team and work with a strategic plan of action for the project.
- Liaise with suppliers, consultants or contractors as required.
- Prepare, manage, review and update the project plan.
- Prepare and manage key knowledge area plans including risk and communications, in conjunction with other project staff.
- Manage project variations and changes and maintain the change control process.
- Manage project costs through cost estimating, budgeting, monitoring and contingency management.
- Ensure appropriate quality standards and quality assurance requirements are met.
- Ensure the project schedule is maintained and regularly report progress.
- Manage the risk management process, including the development of contingency plans, reviewing residual risks and escalating risks that cannot be managed at the project level.
- Monitor overall progress, use of resources and initiate corrective action where necessary.
- Establish the project administration systems, documents control and management of all records.
- Coordinate and prepare regular progress reports and communication with key stakeholders.
- Ensure the project meets its obligations and under the Safety Act in Kenya
- Ensure Adherence and Compliance standards under the Kenyan laws and policies.
- As project manager you will be responsible for the organisation of your team, the quality of the results and the financial aspects of your projects;
- 5- 10 years Relevant Experience is a must
- International logistical experience preferred
- Degree in the Relevant Field
- Must have good communication skills and ability to manage a team
- Understand Financial costs and administration of Projects
- Must know the operating standards within Kenya
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To develop effective HR policies and strategies to meet the company’s human resource requirements and objectives.
- To ensure recruitment, selection, orientation, and training of employees is done by adapting best practice. Promote the company’s policy as an equal opportunity employer.
- To design and ensure effective implementation of suitable periodic Training and Development program across the organization.
- To represent and coordinate all litigation matters arising from employees and maintain updated records for every such matter update the management on progress and put in measures to reduce/eliminate litigations.
- Put in place an effective grievance handling process resulting to motivated workforce.
- To initiate and co-ordinate the Organization’s Development interventions aimed at promoting culture change systems necessary for raising performance standards
- To develop performance standards and criteria for measuring performance using a fair, transparent and effective performance management system, and retention of quality staff.
- To ensure administration and maintenance of sound Industrial Relations as per company policy.
- Ensure compliance with Employment legislation and internal company regulations.
- Maintain high standards of discipline within the organization and act on non compliance in a fair, transparent and effective manner.
- To facilitate the implementation of the Company’s corporate governance strategy.
- To ensure adequate and effective medical services to staff.. Ensure every position has a job description and every staff has a valid contract at all given times across the organization.
- To prepare and submit periodic reports and recommendations for improvement in the management of human resources in the Company.
- Ensure there is an effective attendance mechanism in place to provide input for payroll, for all employees.
- Ensure maximized return on human capital by achieving optimum efficiencies.
Key Result Areas
- Recruitment and Selection
- Return on human capital
- Rules, regulation and policy compliance
- Degree in Human Resources
- Must be familiar with Labour laws and policies
- Background in Manufacturing **is a plus
- Key understanding of process structure and strategies with Human Capital
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.