SHOFCO SACCO Coordinator Job at Shining Hope for Communities
Posted on: 14 December, 2016
Deadline: 31 December, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Shining Hope For Communities
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) combats gender inequality and extreme poverty in urban slums by linking tuition free schools for girls to holistic social services for all.
Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Should be articulate with sacco growth requirements and capable of developing a newly formed sacco.
- Provide oversight to the SACCO operations and technical assistance to the SACCO Management Committee
- Develop necessary policy documents and regulations that would ensure smooth operations of the SACCO according to the set guidelines
- Ensure that all SACCO data and information is well documented and archived.
- Work in collaboration with the SHOFCO Metrics team to ensure that a proper information system is put in place to capture all SACCO data
- Monitor the operations of the SACCO and ensure that all set targets are attained within the set timelines.
- Work together with finance department in preparation, analysis and presentation of comprehensive, timely, reliable and compliant financial reports.
- Ensure that all financial documents are up to date and that books of accounts are well kept
- Provide guidance on the adoption and/or implementation of sound and up to date accounting systems.
- Ensure effective implementation of financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Management of the general and subsidiary ledgers in accordance with internationally accepted accounting and financial reporting standards and preparation of final accounts for audit
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Preparing and verifying monthly statements for members and keeping records
- Reconciling the bank account and performing other general accounting duties as required
Requirements for the Coordinator Job
- Attained CPA III and above
- Diploma in Co-operative Management, business management, microfinance, marketing, entrepreneurship or any other relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Have knowledge of SACCO accounting systems
- At least 2 years working experience with a reputable SACCO.
- Must be proficient in computer packages especially the Microsoft office suite
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to work in an informal settlement
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries. Applications without this information will not be considered. DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should reach us not later than 31st December 2016.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Shining Hope For CommunitiesSimilar Jobs
- Project Manager at HIAS
- Job Opening at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Internship Opportunity at African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
- Consultant at International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Job Opening at CARE International
- HR and Administration Manager at International NGO Safety organisation (INSO)
- Director, Operations at Palladium Group
- Supply Chain Director at Penda Health