Sheer Logic Management Consultants (SLMC) was incorporated in 1997 as a limited liability company whose overall aim is to provide Human Resource consultancy and training services to a diverse set of industries and economic sectors; both private and public. Our Mission Improve the operational effectiveness of our client, by developing solutions that build the internal capacities and capabilities. Our Vision To become an integrated Centre of Excellence in Management Advisory, Training and Organizational Development within Eastern and Central Africa.
Operates the department in the most efficient manner possible through effective application and enforcement of company policies, the use of methods described in standard operating procedures and the use of sound management principles.
Primarily responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms and public areas assigned to the housekeeping department.
Accomplish assigned tasks through proper training, motivation and supervision of all personnel assigned to the housekeeping and laundry department.
Executive Housekeeper Job Key Responsibilities
- Coordinate with the Human Resources department regarding pre-screening of employees, indicating staffing needs and qualifications desired of personnel necessary to staffing the housekeeping and laundry departments.
- Coordinate with the human resource manager on hiring of immediate subordinates.
- Develop plans, actions and standard operating procedures for the operation and administration of assigned departments.
- Establish and maintain housekeeping and laundry scheduling procedures, taking into consideration occupancy, time and use of facilities and related public speciality areas and events
- Organize the housekeeping department using the housekeeping team concept with each housekeeper cleaning room sections
- Develop an inspection program for all public areas and guest rooms to ensure that proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained.
- Coordinate the operation of the housekeeping and laundry departments in the hotel to guarantee minimum disruption in the overall operation of the hotel.
- With assistance from the General Manager, develop budgets for housekeeping, laundry and recreation departments to ensure that each operates within established costs while providing maximum service.
- Establish a training program within assigned departments which will enable positions of increased responsibility to be filled from within the department.
- Be constantly alert for newer methods, techniques, equipment and materials that will improve the overall operation of the departments and will provide more efficient operation at reduced costs
- Stimulate within all employees a friendly and cheerful attitude, giving proper emphasis to courtesy in contacts with guests and other employees
- Administer time card control over all assigned employees
- Maintain strict inventory and purchase control over all controllable items
- Develop job descriptions for all members of assigned staff
- Serve as expeditor on special projects assigned by the General Manager
- Communicate freely and effectively with assigned personnel, continuously passing onto assistants and subordinates any information necessary to make them feel included in the overall operation of the hotel
- Reassure, if necessary the objectives toward which hotel employees are striving
- Conduct employee performance appraisals on time, showing objectivity and sincerity. Employees should be personally counselled toward improvement.
- Coordinate with the Human Resource Manager concerning the termination of an employee
- Maintain control of linen rooms, storerooms, new linen and cleaning supplies ensuring adequate security and supply
- Be responsible for the proper scheduling of the department, keeping in mind the forecast of daily occupancy
- Develop a personal plan to carry out responsibilities
- Work Emphasis
- Time allocation for performance of position responsibilities
- Performs other duties and projects as may be assigned
- Answers both external and internal telephone calls in accordance to the hotel standards
- To participate in any training/development schemes as required by management
- Report to the work station on time
- Be completely conversant with and adhere to Hotel Fire and evacuation procedures
- Be completely conversant with Hotel health and safety policy and procedures
- Be completely conversant with and participate in marketing Hotel facilities and attractions
- Be completely conversant with short and long term marketing promotions
- Be completely conversant with and adhere to Hotel operational standards
- Be completely conversant with the Hotel environmental policy
- To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and high standard of skills at all times
- To portray a pleasant personality and a positive attitude at all times
- To necessitate and promote inter-departmental relationships
- Should not perform duties under the influence of any drugs which have a negative influence on performance
- To report any equipment failures and pass any maintenance information to the supervisors
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in te employment handbook
- Comply with company grooming and dress code standards
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self development
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- Understand and anticipate guest needs
- Ensure that Guest complaints are solved promptly and appropriately
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
Health Safety & Security
- Demonstrate an understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and
- Fire Life Safety
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your line manager as per Fire Life &Safety (FLS) PROCEDURES
- Be completely conversant with and adhere to the Hotel’s environmental policy
- Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times
- Familiarise yourself with the company vision and values which link to our model of desires behaviours that we expect all employees to display
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
- Desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries
- Be completely conversant with and adhere to the departmental standards and procedures
Desired Competencies for the Executive Housekeeper Job
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Ability to manage personnel and meet Key performance indicators
- Guest oriented and service minded
- Demonstrate ability to motivate and manage a diverse team
- 3-5 years professional experience in a similar position
- Degree in Hotel Management or any other related field
- Professional Training in Housekeeping is desired
go to method of application »
- To ensure that all guests receive a warm, memorable and personalized welcome to the Hotels setting the scene for their stay
- To manage the Night team, ensuring that all assigned task are completed within time and up to the Hotel standards as prescribed in the SOPS.
- To complete administrative tasks accurately and within set deadlines
- To ensure night audit is completed on time following set accounting procedures
- To implement and enforce new procedures as may be introduced by management from time to time
- To ensure that guest needs are anticipated and that requests are actioned accordingly.
- Ensure that guests, their property, staff and hotel facilities as a whole are adequately secured through correct deployment of guards and utilization of CCTV system.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensure that staffs who report on duty are punctual, correctly dressed including name badge paying attention to hygiene and tidiness.
- Ensure that full and complete handovers are carried out in all departments before closure of the previous shift.
- Ensure that persons in charge of previous shifts have adequately manned and equipped the night team for efficient operations during the night.
- Help to maintain a good working environment and ensuring that a team spirit is fostered across departments through support to overwhelmed sections.
- Carry out any reasonable requests by heads of departments and supervise and ensure that projects scheduled to be carried out at night are completed to standard without disturbance and/or inconvenience to customers.
- Inspect vehicles contracted to transport staff and make judgment on their suitability from a safety point of view to carry staff.
- Release transport as scheduled and organize for other staff drop offs and pickups based on business needs.
- Recognize, appreciate and recommend teamers for their consistency in level of service to customers, good behavior or for going the extra mile to serve guests.
Customer service – Our Business
- Update yourself of the business levels and the activities carried over from the previous shift for seamless continuity between the two shifts.
- Receive a detailed handover of any ongoing functions including introduction to key people to ensure that closing duties including billing are done according to prior agreements with the customer.
- Check on regular guests and VIPs in house to ensure that they are accorded the recognition they deserve.
- Be fully conversant with and adhere to hotel standards of operation and department procedures. Question, amend and introduce new procedures as and when appropriate in consultation with departmental heads.
- Ensure that new standards are understood and become part of daily procedures during your shift
- Be aware of all daily and weekly events in the hotel and proactively ensure that support is available including loose change in cases of cash bar functions and extra transport is on hand for teamers who might work late.
- Maintain high profile/visibility in busy service areas for support and guidance
- Be aware of the status of operating floats with a view to ensuring that all cashiers have adequate loose change and confirm sales/collections before cashier drops at the end of the shift
- Ensure pre- check out procedures for any late/early departures are carried for billing accuracy and efficiency at the front desk
- Be competent in guest show around of all hotels’ facilities including rooms, restaurants, conference centre, health club, etc.
- Ensure that all departments are appropriately manned and equipped for efficient running during the shift.
- Routinely inspect facilities including rooms, restaurants, washrooms, etc to ensure that the state of cleanliness, repair and the general outlook is to Hotel standards.
Check on FO operations;
- Reception night duties including pre-allocation of rooms for the following day’s arrivals. Ensure that VIP arrivals are appropriately flagged and requests if any taken into consideration in room allocation.
- Check on functionality of hotel lines and internet to ensure that open lines of communication are maintained between the hotel and external customers
- Confirm requests for any groups’ in house including wake up calls, breakfast, and pickups are appropriately organized.
- Check on pending late arrivals, expected early arrivals and late departures and ensure that the team is geared to serve them efficiently as per SOPS.
- Treat no shows as per instructions from the day team or policy. Where none exists, record and handover to morning FO Manager for further action.
- Ensure pre audit, audit and post audit activities are carried out and completed on time.
- Routinely inspect pits at the reception to ensure that contents are correctly reflected on customers’ profiles and folios.
- Analyze the rate variance report and highlight any abnormal rates for purposes of follow ups by relevant managers.
- Check on room service and ensure that orders are served to standard and on time.
- Handle, follow up and communicate any comments or complaints. Pass on to relevant HODS if unable to resolve or for further follow ups.
- Be familiar with and promote hotel facilities. Assist guests with any requests/enquiries including information, making bookings, directions, etc.
- Be fully conversant with ongoing offers and handle related reservations as they arise.
- At regular intervals, do property walk about to confirm that correct work flow and processes are as required and report any irregularities that cannot be handled at night to the relevant departments.
- Ensure that all guest areas including the floors are clean and tidy and that unnecessary lights in unoccupied areas are switched off.
- Attend relevant HOD meetings, courses and any other operational meetings that are required of you to ensure a smooth running hotel during the night.
Health and Safety
- During the property walk around, report all potential and real hazards immediately
- Ensure that security as deployed adequately addresses the security needs of the hotels and alert PSM.
- Ensure lights to enhance security but off in areas where they are unnecessary.
- Be fully conversant with the hotels’ emergency procedures and ensure that personnel on duty are aware of the relevant contact numbers
- Attend fire, health and safety training as and when scheduled
- Have an awareness of the health and safety in relation to all the activities and tasks taking place in the hotel during the shift.
Method of Application
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to: email@example.com on or before 29th December 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “EXECUTIVE HOUSE KEEPER”