Pack House Manager Job at Valentine Growers
Posted on: 12 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Valentine Growers
Valentine Growers is a flower producer located in the Kiambu District about 15 kilometers from Nairobi, Kenya.
Reporting to the general Manager, the job holder shall be required to perform the following duties:
- Overall management of packhouse, staff, production and technical operations
- Managing workforce in a dynamic and multicultural environment Recruit, train, and maintain competent production/Quality Assurance staff Ensuring that all staff trainings are done and that key personnel have the requisite skills and competency required for the job.
- Monitoring of labor efficiency and overtime authorization for the pack house staff. Planning and organizing for workers transport and liaising with the Transport manager on the same
- Conducting regular worker analysis on performance and making motivational recommendations Handling of all disciplinary cases on site and ensuring harmony and good relationship between staff Site Responsible for overall operations in the pack house.
- Ensuring that budgets and targets are met. Run an effective preventative maintenance system to preserve the integrity of the Packhouse fabric and proper functions of all machinery and equipment.
- Be part of the site HACCP team Monitoring the utilization of Packaging materials and labels with a bid of reducing/minimizing wastages
- Keeping stocks of equipment, crates and staff uniforms and ensure that proper controls and utilization is observed Coordinating the maintenance/servicing of all machinery and equipment on site coordinating all preparations for supermarket audits and customer visits along with the Technical manager.
- Ensures that all specified pack house records are up to date and signed off.
- Health and Safety – you will ensure that highest standards of health and safety for all workers under you are maintained.
- Product Ensuring that all products dispatched for the export market meet the specified customer specifications in terms of safety, quality and quantity.
- Legality Overall responsibility for coordination of raw material procurement, utilization, dumping and record keeping for such.
- Plan and execute the daily pack and notify the marketing Manager of any issues that may affect achievement of the daily pack.
- Ensuring that production is run such that window period is provided after every shift for cleaning.
- Effective communication with the sales team on stock levels, labour numbers, pack plan, outload volume and Packhouse packing capacity.
- In charge of daily order planning and communication with the head office on orders and all export Ensuring that Truck departure from the sites both produce and shipment trucks are on schedule.
- Actively participate /coordinate in any activities and sue diligence audits in light with the HACCP plan and as an active member of the HACCP team.
The ideal candidate should possess the following credentials:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma in the relevant field.
- Must have minimum 4 Years of experience in pack house management
- Good Managerial/leadership and Organizational Skills.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Relationship Skills.
- Good Numerical Skills. Team Player Able to work independently.
- Knowledge of Customer Market standards. Measure of performance:
- Effective communication with all departments in the company.
- Accurate and timely reporting.
- Maintenance of the required processes standards all through Ensure Packhouse audits and customer visits are conducted professionally and successfully.
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision while meeting the set targets & deadlines.
Method of Application
If qualified send your CV only quoting the job title on the subject (pack house manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the current Salary and expected salary.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a further discussion.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Valentine GrowersSimilar Jobs
- Business Development & Account Manager at WeFarm
- Job Opportunities at Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
- Internship Opportunities at Kenya Animal Genetic Resources Centre - 8 Positions
- Finance Assistant at African Wildlife Foundation (AWF)
- Strategy and Business Development Executive at iShamba
- Data Analyst Job at Komaza
- Job Opportunities at Komaza
- Civil Engineering Technician Job at Eastern Produce Kenya Limited