Boby Morgan, Senior Assistant Commissioner of Kenya Police and General Service Unit Secretary General, founded BM Security Limited with an enduring ecko. Pioneering private security in Kenya, he set the standards for many practices and innovations still in use today.
The Operations Manager is a key member of the headquarters management team responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all organization’s operations. As Head of Operations, you will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. You will manage a team of managers, training managers, and other direct reports.
• Degree in Business Management / Risk Management / Criminology or a related field from a recognized university
• At least fifteen years working experience in the security industry five of which MUST be in private security in a management position
• Advanced professional training in security or in the disciplined forces
• Member of a Private Security Association (Local or International)
• Presentable and articulate
• Good negotiation skills
• Knowledge of basic accounting
• Computer literate
• Unquestionable integrity
• Team player
• Excellent administration, communication and organization skills
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
Key Duties And Responsibilities:
• Prepare the Departmental Budget and control expenditure
• Liaison with the marketing department
• Ensure proper usage and safe custody of departmental or company property.
• Deal with customer complaints and schedule client meetings to discuss performance.
• Provide a courteous and efficient service to both internal and external customers by actioning all enquiries accurately and quickly.
• Visit the scene of serious incidents and make appropriate observations and brief senior managers.
• Lead and manage branches so as to ensure business sustainability and growth
• Manage the human resources within the department in terms of discipline, performance management etc
• Ensure proper and efficient management of the Guardforce (ERP) i.e. custody, implementation of activities affecting the department etc
• Develop strategies to ensure sustainability of existing business as well as attracting new business
• Develop performance targets and ensure that they are met
• Establish, implement and review procedures, protocol and standards of performance
• Conduct and or initiate security surveys/audits exercises on all assignments.
• Initiate and develop departmental strategic and business plans in line with the company objectives/vision
• Participate in the development of company policies, strategies and business plans
• Carry out operational intelligence reports and disseminate relevant information to the senior management team
• Direct and control all the activities of the Department
• Provide advice on matters related to the operations of the Department
• Foster mutual interest and encourage teamwork within the department.
• Appraise staff performance and recommend desirable development
The Head of Fleet Management is a key member of the headquarters management team responsible for leading the implementation, development and continuous improvement of cost effective fleet management solutions; assuring compliance with mandated fleet management policy; identifying and sharing best practice and project managing the implementation of fleet management systems.
• Higher level of education, preferably Bachelor’s degree in related engineering or fleet management field
• Minimum 7 years of experience in operational fleet management roles
• Previous experience as a motor vehicle garage or workshop manager highly desirable
• Experience in developing requirements documents, formulating plans and managing roll-outs effectively
• Experience of working in a performance management culture driven by KPIs
• Ability to work with key stakeholders in multiple locations and at various levels
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; clearly able to articulate position with clarity at all levels
• Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Self-starter with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness
• Unquestionable integrity
Key Duties And Responsibilities:
• Develop and put in place effective maintenance procedures and processes
• Supervise regular inspection of vehicle to determine impending defects and plan for their repairs to avoid breakdowns
• Plan for preventive maintenance repairs and ensure they are done as per schedule
• Ensure best benchmarks for the department are set.
• Prepare and submit monthly maintenance report which should include vehicle status, repairs done and downtime
• Prepare or review and submit Transport policy and SOP’s from time to time.
• Determine and budget for the tooling and infrastructural needs in the workshop
• Liaise with procurement to ensure timely and cost effective supply of spares
• Analyse and submit monthly fuel reports to accounts and relevant departmental/Sections heads
• Ensure all vehicles are fitted with tracking devices
• Analyse and submit anomalies/incident tracking reports to relevant departmental/section heads
• Report all accidents to insurance as soon as they are reported
• Verify all supplier invoices before handing them to accounts for payment
• Prepare draft budget proposals for the section
• Read and action on all OB entries assigned to Fleet manager
• Supervise and support tracking staff to ensure effective tracking of vehicles is done
• Evaluate staff competencies, identify gaps and recommend relevant training
To apply, email your current curriculum vitae and a cover letter to email@example.com by 1700hrs, Tuesday 31st January 2017, indicating in the email subject the role you are applying for. Clearly marked applications can also be dropped at our head office in Nairobi.