THE SWISSPORT PROFILE Swissport
is the world's largest provider of ground and cargo handling services in the aviation industry. The company provides services on behalf of some 835 client-companies and handles around 230 million passengers and 3.9 million flights (movements) per year. The company operates around 120 warehouses and moves approx. 4.1 million tonnes of cargo. With a workforce of around 61,000 personnel, Swissport is active at more than 280 stations in 48 countries across five continents, and generates annual consolidated operating revenue of CHF 3.0 billion. MISSION STATEMENT: To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor- made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience. In order to achieve the goal of our mission, Swissport is focused on consolidating and strengthening our market position to ensure we are constantly driving industry innovation in key areas such as service, quality and reliability. Swissport is a people-focused organisation – without our people we simply cannot meet our goals and achieve our vision. As such, we focus on the principles of sustainability and compliance, living by the “Three Ps”: People Professionalism Partnership The ongoing professional development of the people within the Swissport family ensures that: We show respect towards our people and their values; we do not compromise on safety and work with enthusiasm and enjoyment. We are pioneers; working constantly on achieving sustainable results, we creatively explore new options and improved solutions. Continually striving to exceed the expectations of our clients and our commitments, we deliver excellent service; in any place at any time. GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF OPERATIONS Swissport currently operates in 48 countries. BUSINESS POLICY Swissport is recognized as the benchmark in terms of value for money, customer dedication, and cost management. The company has established a global reputation for being a valued business partner, not only because of its financial resources and modern ground support equipment, but also due to its intangible assets, particularly management expertise and a brand name that stands for superior quality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the continuous review of existing training material and syllabi and give recommendations for improvement of the global training program.
- Overall management of scheduled trainings ensuring availability of training rooms and participants.
- Organise and deliver internal and external trainings as required including on the job training for certain functions.
- Maintain and update training records and databases and ensure optimal use of existing training facilities and ensure equipment is in working condition.
- Undertake follow up of rolled out trainings on a regular basis to determine effectiveness of the programs in line with business needs.
- Preparation of internal quality reports and submission of quality data on a monthly basis.
- Research, compile and process quality data required for various management reporting such as surveys, safety & operational performance
Health and Safety:
- Ensure in-depth investigations of all incidents / accidents to identify contributing factors.
- Liaise with various department heads for implementation of preventive / corrective actions with regards to all incidents / accidents.
- Maintain up-to-date records of investigations pertaining to incidents / accidents via the incidents reporting tool.
- Conduct continuous safety checks to ensure compliance to safety regulations.
- Education: University Degree or Professional Qualification in a related field
- Experience in driving quality & safety management as well as internal audit processes
- Proven track record in training and organizing teams
- Exposure to ISO/OHSAS/ISAGO certified organisations and highly operationalized processes/functions is an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Method of Application
Your application letter and CV only indicating your current salary with the position as the subject line via email: NBO.Recruitment@swissport.com to:
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501 Nairobi
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Be part of the team that breathes life in to safety and compliance!
Closing Date: February 10th 2017