Senior Manager Competition and Legislation Job at Safaricom
Posted on: 10 February, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Safaricom Kenya
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
Reporting to the Head of Department - Regulatory & Public Policy, the position holder will provide well developed and professional advisory services with an emphasis on competition and industry regulatory matters, consistent evaluation of industry regulation and legislation, policy review and research as well as develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders.
- To advice on Safaricom’s engagement with regulators and competitors in competition management.
- To interpret Legislation/Regulations and prepare detailed opinions/ legal advice for Safaricom on competition matters.
- To review and provide advice to Safaricom on new Legislation/Regulations in the industry and provide guidance on compliance.
- To prepare detailed opinions on various regulatory issues, research and develop best practice methods as well as benchmark with external markets.
- To prepare, review and ensure Safaricom’s best interests are protected in all legal and or quasi-legal documents relating to interconnection agreements, roaming and signaling contracts, international carrier agreements collocation and facility sharing agreements and transmission capacity leases.
- To participate in implementation of regulatory interventions introduced by regulators affecting competition.
- To represent Safaricom’s position at any regulator convened hearing/decision making forum when required including the preparation of briefs and submissions.
- Degree in Law and or Business related field from a reputable university.
- At least 5 years work experience in a similar role.
- Professional courses in competition management will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge/ Work experience in Telecommunications industry will be an added advantage.
- Strong networking, presentation and advocacy skills.
- Good communication skills and work ethics.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Safaricom Kenya career website on shub.safaricom.co.ke to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Safaricom KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Administrative Business Partner, Large Customer Sales at Google
- Sales Executives at Resolution Insurance
- Sales and Business development Executive at Elite Consortium Associates Ltd
- Job Opportunities at Orange Telkom - 2 Positions
- Sales Account Manager at Sage
- Sales Executive at Jofar Systems
- Strategy Research Analyst at Safaricom
- Career Opportunities at Orbital Africa - 56 Positions