If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Limited is incorporated in Kenya under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was initially registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965. This status was retained up to and until June 27th 2008 when the Bank's Special General Meeting resolved to incorporate under the Companies Act with a view to complying with the requirements for listing on the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE)
Sacco Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Preparation of Society final accounts, Trial Balance, Balance sheets etc;
- Preparation and presentation of annual revenue and capital budgets;
- Preparation of Economic reports;
- Analyzing market and competitors trends;
- Developing financial management mechanisms;
- Conducting reviews/evaluations for cost reductions on various vote heads;
- Managing Sacco’s financial accounting and monitoring systems;
- To liaise with internal /External Auditors on audit Controls and act on management letters;
- Producing accurate financial reports;
- Give a cost benefit analysis on external borrowing for Board of Directors approval;
- Management of staff payrolls;
Qualifications for the Sacco Accountant Job
- Are holders of a Business related degree or its equivalent from a recognised university and CPA (K) or ACCA
or Bachelor’s Degree and CPA (K) or its equivalent
- or CPA (K) and have satisfactorily served as an Accountant in the Society
- or a comparable position with similar responsibilities in a Sacco or in like organizations for a minimum period of 3 years.
- Diploma in Co-operative Management will be an added advantage.
- Have demonstrated high financial management capability and Investment.
- Have good knowledge of Information Technology.
- 5 years relevant experience
Attributes / Skills
- High financial management capability.
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Strong analytical, financial reporting, and presentation skills with the ability to present complex issues clearly and concisely
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- High leadership and administrative capacity
- Ability to plan and execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills and Proficient in Microsoft office suite
go to method of application »
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the person will be responsible for the day to day management of the SACCO operations. He/she will also be responsible for the overall planning, administration, coordination and evaluation of all functions of the SACCO.
Sacco Manager Job Responsibilities
- To lead and oversee the implementation of all the SACCO’s long term and short terms plans in accordance with its strategy.
- To grow the SACCO business in terms of products, loan portfolio, revenues and assets in line with the SACCO’s strategy.
- Ensuring timely presentation of financial, management and regulatory reports to the board, the members and authorized third parties including Auditors, regulatory authorities and the Ministry.
- To assess, monitor and manage the principal risks of the SACCO.
- To ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place.
- To ensure effective communication with members, employees, Government authorities and other stakeholders.
- To ensure that the Directors are properly informed and sufficient information provided to enable the board make informed decisions.
- To ensure compliance with the SACCO’S policies, procedures and standards.
- To ensure compliance with the statutory and regulatory requirements
- To ensure timely implementation of the Board recommendations
- To implement recommendations of the Audit reports and Supervisory committee reports.
- To monitor and ensure expenditures of the SACCO are within the authorized annual budgetary allocations.
- To ensure the SACCO is appropriately organized and staffed to enable it achieve the approved strategy.
- To ensure staff performance management through the implementation of the staff targets and performance appraisals.
Qualifications for the Sacco Manager Job
- Bachelor of Commerce or any business related degree from a recognized university
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya
- A member of a professional organization preferably Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya.
- 5 years working experience at a senior level in a busy working environment and preferably in the Co-operative Sector.
- Computer literate and conversant with SACCOs’ Accounting software systems.
- Must be between 28 – 45 years old.
- Excellent analytical, communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Team player & strong self-motivation
- Excellent report writings skills and accurate minutes writing.
Method of Application
Please follow these instructions to submit your application;
1. Applications submitted after set deadlines in the job advertisement shall not be accepted.
2. Do not attach any other document(s) with this application. Any application done outside this format shall not be considered.
3. Only successful applicants shall be invited to attend an interview with originals and copies of the CV and testimonials.
4. Reminder: Fill you details in CAPS, except the e-mail address. This MUST be in small print.
5. Once completed, click the 'Submit by E-mail' button below OR send as attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org