If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The World Agroforestry Centre, is an international institute headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and founded in 1978. The Centre specializes in the sustainable management, protection and regulation of tropical rainforest and natural reserves.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support scientists in writing technical reports and preparing other type of non-scientific and scientific documents.
- Support scientists to set up and roll out impact evaluation studies by overseeing the recruitment and supervision of a large number of enumerators
- Provide support in the collection and cleaning of quantitative and qualitative survey data including management and updating of the databases
- Conduct literature reviews and assist in the preparation of strategic documents including scientific publications.
- Assist scientists to develop and operationalize tools for monitoring impact evaluation studies
- Participate in field visits to perform regular monitoring of interventions
- Perform preliminary analysis and interpretation of quantitative data using different statistics methods and provide statistical and socioeconomic data for econometric analysis, characterizing farmers and typologies.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Required Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Environmental Economics, Statistics, Rural Development, or related fields.
- At least three years relevant research experience in agriculture, rural development or natural resource management, preferably in an international organisation.
- Good knowledge and practical understanding of rural economy, agroforestry systems, agricultural policies, markets, value chain, innovation networks, impact evaluation, and social inclusion in the region
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of agroforestry interventions in smallholder systems is an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience in designing and implementing quantitative surveys, analysing household survey data and writing technical reports.
- Good analytical and scientific writing skills as demonstrated by at least one publication in a peer reviewed journal
- Strong quantitative skills in using STATA, SPSS or any other standard econometric software package.
To provide research support to the Impact Acceleration Unit in the implementation of impact evaluation studies
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) career website on recruit.zohopublic.com to apply