Alcatel-Lucent S.A. was a French global telecommunications equipment company, headquartered in Boulogne-Billancourt, France. It was formed in 2006 by the merger of France-based Alcatel and U.S.-based Lucent, the latter being the successor of AT&T's Western Electric.
Leads and facilitates the team in reaching their targets, with the responsibility of personnel management aspects. Ensures operational efficiency by developing working practices, processes and methods. Drives customer satisfaction activities in own area.
Main Responsibility Area
Responsible for implementing strategies in own site/technology/ functional area. Has full responsibility for career and competence development, resourcing and recruiting in his/her unit/area/centre. Has final short- term planning and cost control responsibility for own area. Builds an environment that supports cooperation and cohesiveness among the work team and with other areas within the organization. Responsible for implementing customer satisfaction improvements in own responsibility area.
- Plans and performs technical activities in Transmission Network to service the customer and brings expertise to customer site on need basis.
- Plans and executes technical tasks requiring specialist skills in GSM Transmission and Enterprise Links Network
- Works independently with the responsibility for solving transmission related customer request cases and reporting according to processes.
- Identifies and solves technical problems in Transmission and enterprise links of customer network.
- Responsible for fault management and problem management activities in transmission domain and its supporting processes.
- Responsible for planning and qualitative execution of preventive maintenance in transmission and Enterprise link network.
- Shares knowledge in own professional area.
- May support areas by participating in emergency and 24/7 duty on need basis.
- Providing inputs to transmission planning and interfacing to them in updating of network documents
- Key Result Areas (Role and Responsibilities) (KRAs)
- Consistently good performance in transmission systems
- Effective problem management in transmission network
- Effective operations processes and work flows.
- Competence development of self and support for transmission team.
- Key Performance Standards (Key Performance Indicators KPIs)
- Monthly average of 99.8% availability of transmission network.
- Quarterly average of zero count of repeat failures in the network
- Average monthly MTTR < 60 minutes for transmission related outages
- Monthly Average of 99.90% visibility of transmission nodes
Education Experience Personal Skills & Qualities
- Degree (Electrical & Electronics, Telecom Engineering or other related courses)
- Additional SDH/DWDM/Microwave radio product training from any equipment vendor
- Minimum of 4 years experience in telecommunications.
- Experience in maintaining SDH, DWDM and microwave radios.
- Strong IP foundation and understanding of data communication principles
- Individual Contributor
- Demonstrates initiative & contributes to problem solving.
- Acts with independence and discretion in routine matters.
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Managerial experience will be an added advantage.
Job: fNokia Network Operations
Primary Location: Middle East & Africa-Kenya-Kenya-Nairobi
- Bachelors Degree in Telecommunication engineering having minimum 10 years of Operations and Maintenance in vendor environment.
Main Purpose of Role:
- Operation Director represents as a single point of contact for the entire Managed services delivery end to end.
Main Responsibility Areas:
- Organizational Leadership & Development
- Contractual Service Delivery
- Business Development & Support
- 3rd Party Management
- Profit & Loss
- Responsible for project and service related customer satisfaction;
- Customize and implement Managed services delivery strategy in the CBT according to the SBU and CT strategy / business plans.
- Responsible for the contract execution performance (KPIs, cost, timelines, revenue recognition )
- Consolidates all the Managed services delivery business
- Validating any new business case proposed by the CBT/CT.
- Ensure unified operational processes implementation as per NSN ops model.
- Owning customer relationship management in the area of Network operations, delivery and performance
- Ensures the compliance of projects with the quality guidelines and requirements of the CT cost budgeting for Managed services
- SPOC – Follow-up mobility escalation with opco Operation team
- Piloting new product trials & special projects (3G)
- Regular reviews of cross functional tam in opco
- Development of Processes and carry out Process improvement
- Delivery of Engineering and Operational services to customer in line with contractual scope, KPIs and SLAs which may vary time to time. Appendix;KPI
- Ensure customer s network performance is maintained/improved in line with contract.
- Cost budget approval and control; Cost efficiency improvement, achieve or better projected costs and gross margin
- Customer liaison and governance to ensure satisfaction
- Third party management, liaison and governance to ensure compliance and good working relationships
- Responsible for sustainable continuous improvement in operational efficiency and productivity in line with a defined service improvement plan
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate processes and procedures are in place to deliver the service at the contracted levels
- Responsible for 3rd party/subcontractor management, service performance and SLAs
- Responsible for operational contract management between NSN and customer
- Responsible for executing appropriate internal and external governance
- Responsible for implementing OLAs between project organization and other interdependent NSN entities
- Responsible for delivery of operational & cost management reporting
- Support pre sales for achieving the targets where ever required.
- Support the sales lifecycle, defining, discussing and agreeing scope of work; owning the operational solution proposed to the customer, including costs estimates to be included in business case
- Actively participate in customer negotiations and contract development
- Service provider responsible for defining interfaces and information flows between NSN, customer, 3rd parties
- Service provider responsible for set up of IT & operational tools environment to deliver defined service Transformation (where applicable)
- Managed Services Operational / Business Management
- People Management
- Process Management
- Customer Service
- Business Awareness
- Airtel Network Director, Managing Director
- Project Director (NSN) , Care Manager , NPO Manager NSN Airtel Delivery org
- Bharti CBT / CT .
- Procurement .
- Project / CT F&C
- MS services suppliers & Subcontractors
Key Performance Measures:
- Customer satisfaction
- Contractual KPI s / SLA s .
- Employee churn
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.