If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kakenya’s Dream is a registered Trust whose mission is to invest in girls from rural communities to become agents of change through transformational education, health and leadership initiatives that accelerate development in Africa.
Reports to: Finance and Administration Officer
Location: Enoosaen, Kilgoris.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure that the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions in field office are performed in accordance with internal policy and procedures.
· Assist Program Officers in developing and seeking approvals for activity budgets and expenditure.
· Maintain budget control and monitor cash flows for all projects activities.
· Coordinate and facilitate the procurement requirements of the project office on the basis of the procurement policy guidelines.
· Review and account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments.
· Maintain accurate records of financial transactions in order to monitor financial status of project activities, ensuring all accounting data are updated, reconciled and fully supported.
· Maintain a bank monitoring report and ensure there are sufficient funds before payments are released.
· Ensure safe custody of cash during working hours.
· Ensure that cash limits approved are observed.
· Ensure that invoices received reconcile to purchase orders and matching receipts to purchase orders.
· Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field desired.
· Minimum CPA Part II.
· At least a year experience working in an accounting function.
· At least a year of progressive working experience with in rural environments.
· Computer literacy and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
· Preparing monthly financial reports for internal and external use on income and expenditure
· Overall management of petty cash and its related activities including documentation
go to method of application »
The successful candidate will join our team in the Nairobi office in Kenya, reporting to the Executive Director in Kenya and collaborate with the U.S communication team. This employee will make frequent trips to Enoosaen, Narok County and serve as our communications focal point on the ground to gather and share stories from the village.
· Write and publish a wide variety of nonprofit materials including press releases, brochures, success stories, digital content (web and social media), PPT presentations and newsletters.
o Ensure that our content/messaging is well written, and communicates our unique public-service mission and impressive track record.
o Identify and share interesting stories from our boarding school, health and leadership camps and Network for Excellence students. Interview relevant stakeholders and develop interesting story angles to produce polished, well-written pieces.
o Help us expand our digital story telling and social media capabilities.
o Support the design of messaging strategies for talking points, media interviews, presentations and speeches, etc.
o Help us organize our pictures and visuals into compelling formats for external audiences.
· Manage media relations & visibility plan.
o Write releases and articles; pitch and secure stories with international and local media and journalists.
o Cultivate relationships with journalists.
o Identify opportunities to publish stories or contribute case studies
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in communications or media relations’ roles.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Strong portfolio of written materials.
- Superb writing and editing skills with the ability to find the “hook” or “angle” that will engage readers and the media.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, paying attention to detail.
- Ethical approach to working with strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and results oriented.
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application and CV indicating your current remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th August 2017.Kindly visit www.kakenyasdream.org for more information. Only selected candidates will be contacted.