If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Matibabu Foundation College of Health Sciences is an initiative of Matibabu Foundation in partnership with local and international health stakeholders to promote quality healthcare in Kenya. The college is located in Ukwala town, Ugenya Sub-county and offers Diploma and Certificate courses in various fields.
Matibabu Foundation is growing as we live our mission of “Providing family centered health information & services that meet or surpass the expectations of our clients, by working with individuals, the community and government to improve overall health goals”. As a result of this growth, several vacancies have arisen, and we therefore invite qualified, talented and highly motivated candidates to fill the following positions.
Summary: The position is responsible for providing dental treatment and hygiene to prevent dental decay by examining, treating, cleaning patients’ teeth and providing education to patients on how to care effectively for their teeth and gums, and the effects of diet on oral health.
- Diploma in Community Oral Health
- 2 years of experience as a COHO in a health facility preferably in a rural setting.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- With Practicing License (Where applicable)
- Strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Mature, friendly, confident and caring in nature
- Develop and carry out dental health education to community and MFK partners.
- Carry out surveys within the community to help determine oral health status and needs and report to the Management and other relevant bodies for action.
- Plan, organize, execute and co-ordinate oral health education according to the identified needs of the community
- Diagnose and treat common dental conditions and refer patients to a dentist for further review.
- Analyzing of patient x-rays, evaluating medical history and reviewing of dental charting.
- Take, develop and mount radiographs required for corrective dental treatment.
- Undertake general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
- Perform dental procedures and minor surgeries including cleaning teeth, removing plaque, replacing missing teeth, filling in cavities, rebuilding of broken teeth and removing severely damaged teeth in a safe and sterile environment while providing quality dental experience during the procedure.
- Managing the dental unit including ordering dental equipment, instruments and supplies and ensuring proper maintenance and restocking.
- Preparing and submitting of reports on community oral health services and activities in a timely manner.
go to method of application »
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing science from an accredited nursing program.
- Registered Nurse by the Nursing Council with current license to practice
- Required Credentials, Licensure or Certification
- At least 3years Experience preferably in a Clinical set-up
- Thorough knowledge of routine nursing process and practice.
- Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge is an added advantage
- Able to use a wide variety of technical equipment to meet patient needs and prescribed
- medical therapies (i.e. stethoscopes, thermometers, sphygmomanometers and electronic monitoring devices
- Implements the nursing process by delivering effective relationship based nursing care.
- Provide the patient care on a very personal level.
- Provide daily report directly to physicians and RNs
- Responsible for taking vitals and monitoring in-and-out volumes and treating common ailments like bedsores.
- Preparing and or performing several procedures such as dressing wounds, bathing and dressing, and giving enemas.
- May administer prescribed medicines or start IV fluids to patients.
- Maintenance of quality nursing care at all times to the patient.
- Ensure that the report is correctly given at each shift change.
- Carry out all nursing duties and other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Apply technical skills in care delivery that result in safe practice and positive care outcomes.
- Demonstrates clear communication and effective collaboration to optimize patient care and clinical operations.
Method of Application
Applicants interested in any of the positions should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials and names of three referees and day time telephone contacts to: – The Administration/HR Officer, Matibabu Foundation, P.O. Box 230 – 40607, Ukwala, Kenya. OR E-mail to email@example.com so as to reach us not later than 1200hours the 13th October, 2017.