Job Opportunities at UNICEF - 2 Positions
Posted on: 12 November, 2017
Deadline: 12 November, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at UNICEF
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
- Provides support to new partnerships and resource mobilization, working with UNICEF colleagues to identify partnership and resource mobilization needs and provide information to broker resource mobilization agreements to meet those needs. Receives and screens inquiries from potential collaborators and facilitates communication with appropriate UNICEF staff. Scans and scouts external environment within designated partnership area for opportunities and risks and shares information in a timely fashion with relevant UNICEF staff. Provides logistical and programmatic support to senior management and other UNICEF staff in corporate engagement and interaction with assigned partners.
- Develops and maintains deep knowledge and familiarity with current and prospective partners and relevant stakeholders, managing a database of key contacts and to UNICEF’s base of knowledge on partnership and resource mobilization. Expands UNICEF’s network of key interlocutors to build stronger relationships between UNICEF and governments, other key-decision makers, regional development institutions, foundations, the private sector, international financial institutions and/or relevant constituencies.
- Supports the implementation of partnership engagement and resource mobilization plans.
Acts as focal point for COs in the identification and pursuit of opportunities for outreach, engagement, policy influence and collaboration, including on how to anticipate and respond to partners’ concerns and priorities, ensure that UNICEF’s interests, perspectives, and knowledge are taken into account in relevant policy and institutional processes, and ensure that they are fully aware of UNICEF’s perspectives, policies, priorities and capabilities.
- Contributes to the development of new partnership and resource mobilization practices and approaches by formulating recommendations for action based on on-going monitoring, analyzing current trends within designated partners and formulating recommendations for strategy approaches and message development.
- An Advanced university in international development, public affairs, international relations, political science or other related field.*
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- At least two (2) years of progressively responsible professional experience in external relations, liaison and/or any resource-mobilization related activities, preferably in an international organization is required.
- Experience in Africa a plus.
- Fluency in English is required with knowledge of another UN language considered as an asset.
- Partnerships – provide advice to COs in the identification, development, and finalization of local private sector partnerships that include both financial and non-financial elements. This includes support to due diligence, pitch development, negotiation, and finalization of MoUs. It also includes Salesforce database management of all ESAR accounts.
- Stewardship – to provide best practice support to COs on stewardship and reporting templates, and to directly support the stewardship of regional level private sector partners and the completion of reports.
- Capacity building – To provide the initial support, with a focus primarily on non-PSFR COs in the region, on private sector queries and issues. As well, to contribute content and support to private sector capacity building through CO missions and to major private sector trainings in the region.
- Provide support in other related tasks and larger partnership team objectives to ensure an integrated approach.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Development, Business, Corporate Social Responsibility, Public Administration or related field.
- At least two years of professional experience in private sector partnerships. Experience in Africa a plus.
- Fluency in English
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UNICEFSimilar Jobs
- Accountant at CAP Youth Empowerment Institute
- Mobilization Officer at DAI Global
- Job Vacancy at Save the Children
- Consultant at Akili Dada
- Job Opening at The World Bank Group (WBG)
- Regional Director at IDinsight
- Logistics and Admin Assistant at African Development Solutions | ADESO Africa
- Job Openings at Bridge International Academies