Christian Blind Mission (CBM) is an international Christian disability and inclusive development organization whose primary purpose is to improve quality of life of the world’s poorest persons with disabilities and those at risk of disability, who live in the most disadvantaged societies. We are looking to recruit the following position.
The overall role of the Grants involves participating in the Regional Office program budget implementation processes focusing on monitoring and reporting, maintaining of program budget related documents and ensuring their proper filing and timely submission to stakeholders.
- Providing timely project budget implementation feedback to support the in the monitoring of programs, and the Program Team in informed programme planning through:
- Preparing financial documents (e.g., CBM Project Financial Checklists) for approval critically analysing partners’ financial and narrative monitoring reports for compliance against approved budgets;
- Documenting the key highlights noted in the financial monitoring reports and reporting on the progress of the implementation of recommendations by CBM, project auditors and other stakeholders through persistent follow ups.
- Review periodical program fund reconciliation statements and financial reports (including PPR) from the implementing partners in coordination with the |Country Offices to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reports.
- Assist in conducting financial reviews and investigative audits of partners, and suggest corrective action as appropriate on areas in partners’ financial systems and procedures that need improvement.
- Contribute to the development of Terms of Reference for project audits and ensure that CBMs accountability requirements are incorporated in the TORs.
- Identify red-flag partners, compile the red-flag reports and checklists, follow up with the partners and Country Offices and provide regular updates to the AFE program team and International Audit Department.
- Assist in partners’ financial training needs, contributing to training materials and resources, organizing and facilitating partners’ finance workshops for the Regional Office and project finance officers, and take responsibility for following up on participants’ action plans.
- Contribute to the development of Terms of References for project monitoring visits by the AFE Program Team ensuring that partners’ outstanding budget implementation queries are addressed by the visiting team.
- To provide support as required, to the Grants Manager in the annual budget process (budget application review and data entry into Navision.)
- Uploading of approved financial and narrative project monitoring reports in Navision and SharePoint.
- To comply with all safety and health procedures and requirements at CBM and, at all times ensure your own safety and health and that of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at CBM.
- Degree in a Finance related field (such as Business Management or Business Administration)
- A professional accounting qualification (such as CPA, ACCA or CIMA) and Project Management knowledge is an asset
- Four years’ experience.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Packages (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access) and good report writing skills.
- Highly numerate with proven analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to translate financial information to non-financial audience.
- Demonstrated ability in financial statements analysis with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling and coordinating multiple/conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Good written and spoken English & Kiswahili.
- Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be proactive, seeking to do things differently, and to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Able to work independently, and as a member of a team.
Method of Application
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 5 pm Tuesday, 12th December 2017.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who qualify to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.