I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is one of the leading Non-Governmental Organizations that has contributed greatly to HIV prevention efforts among the youth in Kenya today. The organization has programs in over 230 institutions (tertiary institutions and high schools) across 30 counties in Kenya and reaches over 1 million youth annually with behavior change communication messages.
ICL's vision is to see a ‘Healthy Africa, Empowered People!’ The organization seeks to support to the implementation of Vision 2030 through the cascading it to the Counties. ICL's mission is to create a movement of individuals that enhance the quality of life for communities through Health initiatives, Education, Economic empowerment, and improved Leadership and governance (HEEL).
Reports to: Communication & Marketing Manager
Department: Communication & IT
Job purpose: The incumbent will primarily be responsible for building the business by identifying and selling to prospective customers and maintaining close business relationships with them. H/she will assist the marketing department in the development and execution of all Sales and Marketing programs of our products to contribute towards strengthened sales and marketing of organizational products. In addition, support counties in the actualization of their county strategic plans aligned to Vision 2030.
a) Develop Sales & Marketing plans for the products within the company derived from the Strategic Plan
b) Establish clear marketing and sales objectives; prepare annual sales forecasts (broken down into quarterly, monthly and weekly targets)
c) Prepare an annual budget for the sales and marketing division; develop expenditure schedules.
d) Develop annual profit plans through forecasting and developing annual sales quotas by product type, market segment and geographical region.
e) Project anticipated sales volume and profit for existing products and products under development, establish pricing strategies, recommend selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
a) Sell products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects to achieve targets.
b) Implement the sales plan to achieve agreed sales objectives; ensure revenue growth across all product and market segments
c) Establish systems and develop, train and motivate a team that will deliver the sales plan on schedule and within budget.
a. Lead the marketing effort by identifying key customer requirements, defining the market and competitive context, business forecasting and determining targeted market share.
b. Plan and coordinate product advertising including ensuring the advertising agency delivers.
c. Design branding materials to support the sales and marketing plan, which include articles, presentations, brochures, press releases, and monthly company newsletters
d. Updating and maintaining the marketing department's documentation and databases. Assist in acquisition, analysis and utilization of customer data
- MARKET RESEARCH
a) Develop mechanisms for effective market scanning, identification and monitoring of trends, new opportunities and competitor activity; advise management about optimal methods for realizing market opportunities and addressing emerging market threats.
b) Be part of product development, marketing research, and customer service efforts.
c) Assist in monitoring, analyzing and reporting on competitor environment and general market trends.
d) Identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
a) Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options
b) Develop systems, tools, procedures and technologies to manage and ensure healthy and quality relationships with key customers
c) Develop and maintain a network of contacts that will help achieve the company’s sales and marketing goals
d) Develop and facilitate a customer orientation throughout the organization and advice management on changes or adaptations to help achieve this.
a) Communicate results and ongoing progress in the sales and marketing division through regular reports and feedback to senior management including through collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a relevant marketing environment,
- Must have achieved at least a B+ or equivalent in high school
- A business degree with a bias in Sales and Marketing, attained 2nd Class, Upper Division
- Pursuing/completed professional Marketing qualification (CIM or CAM)
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Candidates with experience in sales and marketing of ICT products are encouraged to apply.
Knowledge and skills
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of oral and written communications and interpersonal relations skills in order to determine the most effective proposals and presentation materials, persuade institution personnel to accept suggestions and proposals, and to foster effective relationships among the units, between funding sources and the institution.
- Professional level skills in graphics and knowledge of desktop publishing for in-house graphics design and production.
- Professional level skills in proposal and publications development with writing and editing experience
- Skill in writing for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to write/edit in a variety of writing styles, ability to draft materials on a wide range of topics. Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience in renewable energy field is an added advantage.
- Presentation Skills,
- Client Relationships,
- Emphasizing Excellence,
- Negotiation skills,
- Prospecting Skills,
- Meeting Sales targets
- Sales Planning,
- Motivation for Selling
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) career website on www.teamiq.com to apply