If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Mantrac Kenya Ltd the Caterpillar authorized dealer in Kenya: sells and services earthmoving, Power Generating, Material Handling and Mining Equipment.
Mantrac Kenya Ltd is part of Mantrac Group who are Caterpillar dealers of heavy machinery in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Egypt, Iraq and UK international sales.
To help us achieve our growth strategy, we are looking for qualified talent in the below fields.
Qualified candidates will be assessed on right attitude and work ethic culture. In return Mantrac will offer unparalleled personal growth opportunities and develop your whole—person to fit into a multidisciplinary workplace.
Job Outline: To be the single point of contact between the customer and Mantrac for all aspects of product support. Effectively managing the customer relationship and all sales and service technical enquiries relating to the project or customer
Key Objective: Ensure all machines are correctly assembled, commissioning and all support committed to at equipment sale is provided. Develop and implement product support strategies to maintain customer satisfaction and loyalty
Throughout the pre delivery phase, liaise with :-
- Group Technical Services regarding specification, sourcing, shipping and installation specifications.
- Local contractors, to ensure timely completion of work and that all work is to the required standard.
- Mantrac Business unit staff and management to ensure staff are available for pre delivery assistance, start up and maintenance as and when required.
- Customers staff and management to ensure all work is carried out in line with customer site policies and that customers delivery schedule is adhered to in order to meet the planned delivery schedule.
- Interview staff to determine suitability for permanent and temporary positions to support the project.
Planning and Scheduling – Contract Operation
Throughout the contract period :-
- Liaise with customers on-site operations manager in order to develop and maintain a maintenance strategy in line with Caterpillar guidelines.
- Assess and approve machine delivery plan to maintain agreed equipment availability and budget requirements.
- Ensure optimum utilisation of labour, including subcontractors.
- Review all work In progress with branch Supervisor and close off in a timely manner
- Visit customer main operating locations at least every two months.
- Visit operational locations as necessary to resolve technical and operation issues.
- Develop machine and component rebuild pricing and options such as CPT and service exchange.
Equipment Condition Analysis
- Analyse all system data as required and investigate the reason for the event. Take corrective action if required.
- Manage the health of the equipment and assess any problems using available resource or contacting suppliers then assign available staff to resolve the issue.
- Ensure undercarriage is measured and recommendations are made to change or rebuild undercarriage.
- Continue to monitor and manage the ongoing undercarriage wear analysis
- Ensure all machine tracking devices are working, reports are being produced and understood by the relevant stakeholders.
- Complete site staff appraisals for direct reports.
- Collate and report site technical issues to Unatrac Technical dept and ensure issues are resolved with minimal disruption and cost to both the customer and Unatrac.
- Co-ordinate attendance of the workgroup at customer meetings.
- Manage site equipment warranty issues so that contractual arrangements are adhered to and assist the Product Support Department
- Management in achieving fair and reasonable warranty cost settlements.
- Identify site training needs for both Mantrac and customers staff. Provide proposals to sell training to the customer and ensure Mantrac staff have the required skills.
- Ensure all site mandatory requirements are met e.g. safety and site induction’s.
- Ensure all site mandatory requirements are met with regard to environmental control.
- Manage team health and resources to optimise performance. If any issues are unable to be resolved at site level, refer issue to Mantrac Vostok Service Operations Manager or Managing Director.
- Act as the conduit for applicable CSA commercial repair issues with Customer Management.
- Effectively manage regular ‘tool box talk’ sessions for site staff.
- Maintain a positive relationship with customer’s key decision makers to influence their future purchases of prime products.
- Ensure that repair target hours are achieved or reduced without a negative impact on quality.
- Liaise with customer representatives to ensure prompt payment for services received.
- All vehicles and tooling to be kept clean and tidy at all times, contamination control is of paramount importance. Contamination control and cleanliness audits to be carried out monthly
Meet with the customers representatives as needed in on sites, head offices. Write, distribute and maintain meeting minutes for all relevant meetings.
- Monitor, Manage and report project profitability
- Ensure all warranty claims and correctly submitted and processed.
- Ensure all service work is correctly quoted and invoiced,
- Monitor engineer productivity over the project life, transferring and utilising engineers from Mantrac branches or other resources as needed to maintain productivity, profitability and customer satisfaction
Key performance indicators
- Machine availability
- Parts sales versus opportunity
- Warranty acceptance
- Service profitability
- Staff Productivity
Experience either / or
- Management of customer service operations
- Management of earthmoving or transport fleet operations
- Management of service workshops
- Essential: Customer interaction and relationship management
- Desirable: Large project management
- Essential: At least 10 years
- Desirable: 20 years field and workshop
- Essential: Proven experience in leading a team.
- Desirable: Experience of maintaining a large team managing equipment operation and maintenance
- Essential: Engineering degree or similar discipline
Additional training /Certification or membership of professional bodies
- Essential: Customer relationship management
- Desirable: Dealer experience
- Customer Focus
- Emotional Intelligence
- Strategic Awareness
- Planning, Organising & Controlling
- Focus on Business Results
- Personal Development
- Customer satisfaction
- Staff development
- Salvage system profitability
- Developing solutions relevant to opportunity
- Staff development
- Staff productivity
go to method of application »
Job Outline: To assess, monitor, plan and manage the efficient utilization of cash and financial services in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Company
- Review daily cash balances and payments to monitor usage of cash resources;
- Forecast daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions;
- Deliver weekly and monthly cash flow reporting accurately and on time for review;
- Ensure petty cash controls are adhered to;
- Compiling of the daily and monthly liquidity position reports;
- Ensure liquidity reports complies with minimum requirements at all times and that the report is handed in timeously and correctly to all relevant parties involved;
- Prepare reconciliation for all bank and cash accounts;
- Ensure accuracy of Interbank movements and interest accruals;
- Assess accuracy of all treasury expenses and bank charges;
- Review petty cash expenses and petty cash payments.
Company Insurance Matters
- Liaise with the Commercial Manager and ensure that all company assets are properly covered against all insurable risks at all times;
- Receive and process details of all insurance claims and communicate to the insurance brokers on an ongoing basis;
- Plan periodical review meetings with insurance brokers to review covers taken and outstanding claims;
- Plan annual meeting in the month of November to discuss the insurance renewals for the coming year.
- Ensure that proper record keeping procedures are in place and adhered to;
- Continuously scrutinise and improve existing procedures;
- Ensure proper knowledge of systems and procedures;
- Ensure timeously completion of all correspondence to banks, customers and insurance counter parties;
- Responsible for Data Quality and follow-up of incorrect transactions;
- Experience in preparing cash forecasts and cash flow analyses.
- Writing and Reporting skills.
- Planning & Organising.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations.
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking.
- 4 Years Banking & accounting experience.
- Knowledge of the system and processing activities.
- Professional image and grooming.
- Self-confidence and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Bank products knowledge.
- Holder of a University degree either in Business, Finance or Accounting from a reputable university.
- Certified Accountant CPA (K) or ACCA.
- Proficiency in a computerized environment with ability to use specialized ERP software.
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of computer especially Microsoft office applications.
Method of Application
Your soft copy application letter and curriculum vitae indicating your regular telephone number should be mailed to email@example.com so as to reach us not later than 16th February 2018.