If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited has over 140 branches and runs subsidiary companies which are Kingdom Securities Limited, Co-op Trust Investment Services Limited, and Co-op Consultancy & Insurance Agency Limited (CCIA). Co-operative Bank has presence across the Kenyan border in South Sudan. The Co-operative Bank of South Sudan is owned 49% by the Government of South Sudan and 51% by the Co-operative Bank of Kenya. Our mission is to offer value-added financial services to our chosen market segments with special emphasis on the co-operative movement through a highly effective network of service points, excellent customer service and a highly motivated team of qualified personnel.
Job Ref No BED/SSD/2018
are looking for an outstanding backend development engineer to design and implement features that will enable our systems to work more efficiently. This position requires the ability to complete complex development efforts using an agile development methodology.
Our ideal candidate must be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills in addition to using expert technical knowledge to drive features and improvements.
Success in this role will depend on your ability to work with other teams, while having a sense of customer-focus to provide solutions that “just work.”
Reporting to Head – Digital Hub, the Back-End Systems Developer will be responsible for the detailed analysis, design and development of the backend or server-side logic for systems and Management Information Systems (M.I.S.).
Additionally, he/she will be required to maintain and support applications within this section and will therefore be required to have knowledge working within the agile methodology keeping in mind quality control plans within the developments to identify improvements.
- Develop all server-side logic, definition ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end according to user’s specification.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by the front-end developers with server side logic and optimization of the server-side logic for maximum scalability and speed.
- Carry out analysis of the requirements; assist in preparing system specification by the users and recommend solutions to address user requirements.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration or setup in addition to building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and build visualizations to summarize and present key messages to the business that will assist in decision-making and control.
- Design and code reports/returns according to user specification with the key objective of delivering reports.
- Develop and implement data models and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Carry out technical user training in respect to these systems so that the business can utilize them.
- Rollout piloted interfaces and systems to the bank’s branches and users and provide test systems for UAT to ensure that functions/features are tested before go-live.
- Make changes to system configuration and parameters to accommodate business and technological requirements.
- Secure systems by putting adequate controls and restrict access to programs by users in accordance to the requirements of the bank.
- Liaise with software vendors to resolve systems issues or escalation. Collect, collate information and clearly document issues to enable software vendor support.
- Adhere to change control procedures in implementing solutions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related degree from a recognized university with experience in software development (Java, Dot Net development) knowledge.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in software development, data analysis and reporting with a proven record of accomplishment.
- Very strong analytical, presentation & problem-solving skills with the ability to work confidently on high priority problems and present technical ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
go to method of application »
Job Ref Number UXD/SSD/2018
Do you dream of designing products that have a positive impact on a global scale?
Are you a well-rounded developer looking to join a high performing team where your impact will be recognized immediately?
We are hiring for an experienced user experience developer to take part in interdisciplinary projects and bring his/her own unique talents to our design team dynamic.
In this position, you will be part of a team responsible for the ideation and development of prototypes to explore and showcase forward thinking concepts. In particular, you will be helping to research and build experiences related to automated systems. Projects will range from well-defined applications to addressing experimental research questions to building interaction frameworks.
The ideal candidate is both an engineer and designer who strives to find the perfect balance between form and function, and is passionate about envisioning how the world should be in 5-10 years. You must be resourceful, creative, and comfortable utilizing a wide array of techniques to bring your ideas that are user friendly to life.
Reporting to Head – Digital Hub, the UX Developer will be responsible for the development of mobile and web based applications using latest technologies on android, iOS etc. while assuring security and cross-browser compatibility. He/she will combine research and design skills together to understand the user needs and produce concepts/solutions/designs that people want to use.
Additionally, the successful candidate will make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions & features while taking a user-centered design approach to rapidly test and iterate the designs
- Combine research and design skills together to understand the user needs and produce concepts/solutions/designs that people want to use.
- Translate Concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate customer’s product vision by researching, conceiving, wire framing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys and mockups optimized for a wide range of interfaces and applications.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Develop mobile and web based applications using latest technologies on android, iOS etc. while assuring security and cross-browser compatibility
- Prototyping of UX designs for the digital lab.
- API development on REST, SOAP and other relevant technologies like node.js, Java, PHP.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of user interface/user experience designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability and ensure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Implement Search Engine Optimization (SEO) capabilities using SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Use Google maps API, google analytics, charts, graphs and such tools to enrich the UX delivery.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science & IT related fields or Business related field with relevant IT professional qualifications.
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in a role directly related to web design, UX Design / Front-end mobile-web development experience, product design, product management, production management, marketing. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Expertise in UX software such as in Vision, UXPin, HTML5, CSS3, Balsamiq, Framer.js, angularjs, Quartz Composer, and the like is a must.
- Strong technical proficiency with UX tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite, Understanding user research, personas, wireframing and Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as (Git / Mercurial / SVN).
- Graphic or Visual Design, Digital Media Design, other visual specialty or any other related qualifications will be an added advantage. Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately, prioritize tasks and goals independently and rapidly produce deliverables in a fast-paced iterative environment.
- Strong understanding of the full software development life cycle, processes and procedures with an understanding of team needs, basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development as well as Service oriented environments and Agile practices.
- Great focus on human behaviors, psychology and understanding why people do what they do with experience leading projects and building consensus with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- High level of mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills, Logical, analytical with an investigative creative mind and ability to handle complex information with accuracy and attention to detail. Knows and appreciates the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills when working with both internal business and technical people with external customers, ability to solidify vague requests, explain issues, and guide to solutions.
Method of Application
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number by 20th March, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.