If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
De La Rue has been working with Kenya since before the country’s independence and is immensely proud of the relationship and history it has developed with the Kenyan people and their government. During this time, the company has delivered many varied and significant projects including the first national identity card system and most notably, the print and production of Kenya’s banknotes.
At our company, we are committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people. If you are looking to work for an international company, with fantastic career opportunities, then we can provide you with a unique and exciting challenge.
How would you like to join one of the world’s largest commercial security printers, and work with an established team of professionals?
The Shipping Assistant is responsible for handling shipping documentation that deal with imports and exports. They work closely with the production team and customers by handling their inquiries and attending to their specified needs. They are responsible for monitoring the status of shipments, coordination of their movement and work hand in hand with the clearing and forwarding agents and customers to ensure safe receipt. They also perform various administrative duties.
- Assist in performing ship-out arrangements in accordance to the customs regulations.
- To ensure the provision & availability of an updated database, machines /SFD performance.
- Preparation of correct and relevant documents related to production & shipping.
- Assemble, gather and document shipping documents.
- To Monitor and ensure timely planning, processing and delivery of all dispatches for both in bound & out bound couriers.
- Maintain and manage log sheets for outgoing and incoming parcels.
- To ensure that the quotations received from procurement department are verified and signed off by Production Planning and Logistics Supervisor and HSSE and Resilience Manager.
- Coordinate functions of all shipping related activities.
- Prepare shipping documentation for all shipments including generation of shipping labels for courier shipments.
- Maintain files for shipping records and handle the paperwork associated with shipping duties.
- With the help of the clearing agents update the weekly customs bond status.
- Update and distribute the monthly Customs report.
- Prepare the customs bond release letters and submit to the nominated Customs Officers and approved Clearing agents daily or as required.
- Update and upload on share point the weekly shipping list availabilities.
- Hold meetings with the clearing agents to address upcoming events and tackle identified challenges
- Interact with people who come in to pick up shipments and delivery people in order to maintain knowledge of each shipment.
- Suggest and instruct in-house customers on shipping products and services, routes and rates and also liaise with the sales team on specific shipment requirements.
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded in Export / Import databases or relevant storage files.
- Maintain an inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Ensure proper delivery of materials to customers.
- Route products to departments.
- Answer and respond to customer enquiries on shipping issues.
- Co-ordinate with customers, suppliers, clearing & forwarding agents with relations to all imports and exports.
- Verify accuracy of despatch notes by matching them with quantities and types.
- Make sure that items are loaded onto shipment vehicle in a safe and timely manner.
- Trace or report missing or lost shipments.
- Initiate and implement best practices in shipping processes.
- Ensure that imports / exports serial and batch numbers match the product at the point of clearance.
- Process customers’ orders by ensuring that the right shipment is on its way.
- Make arrangements for shipment pick-up and delivery and ensuring that they are an active part of both procedures.
- Comply with established security procedures.
- Ensuring that all the sensitive information’s relating to work are kept in discrete.
- To maintain all confidential Production & shipping information.
- Comply with security standards, in particular – ISO 14298.
Safety and environment:
- Comply with safety standards in the area.
- Meet the safety targets as set from time to time e.g. number of near misses reported.
- Adhere to safe working practices on and around the machine at all time.
- Understand the risks in the area of operation as identified in the risk assessments.
- Participate in conducting of environmental and safety incidents in the team.
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 Years working experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Diploma in Transport & Logistics or its equivalent.
- Computer Literacy
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to De La Rue Kenya career website on www.delarue.com to apply