Nanyuki Cottage Hospital (NCH), in Nanyuki Kenya, is a non-profit private charity, with 50 in-patient beds, an operating theatre, laboratory, radiography department, and pharmacy. Widely recognized as the leading healthcare provider in the region, the hospital offers general out-patient medical services, as well as antiretroviral therapy, family planning, maternity and pediatric services, HIV counseling, dental services, and immunization. The hospital also hosts a frail care facility and sheltered housing.
Terms of Reference
- Drive the ambulance legally and in accordance with the driving policy while demonstrating consideration for the comfort and safety of the patient, vehicle sympathy and consideration for other road users.
- The ambulance driver will answer emergency calls to provide efficient and immediate response to ill and injured patients.
- Ensure that the ambulance and its equipment and consumable stock are in operational readiness at all times and to report any defects immediately to the supervisor.
- Accountable for basic vehicle maintenance in accordance with the vehicle check procedure dictated by the vehicle check sheet
Qualifications, Skills & Essential Experience:
- Proficient in English (verbal & written) and posses a valid driving license.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively contributing to a collegial team environment;
- Have Basic First Aid.
- Minimum of 5 years of continuous and accident free driving experience in busy hospital.
- Proficiency with general Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work well with limited supervision.
Method of Application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting your -expected remuneration and CV to
The Human Resources Officer
Nanyuki Cottage Hospital
P.O. Box 95-10400- Nanyuki
OR email firstname.lastname@example.org.
not later than -20th July 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.