If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kenya Airways - Connecting Africa to the World and the World to Africa since 1977 Our Vision is to be the Pride of Africa, by inspiring our people and delighting our guests consistently.
Role Purpose Statement
To ensure that Flight Operations Quality is soundly developed, properly executed and systematically monitored to meet the objectives of the Corporate Quality System, IOSA ISARPs and Regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the sound implementation of Flight Operations Quality System to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, IOSA ISARPs and company policy;
- Appraise the Quality Assurance Manager AOC Operations of audit results and issues relating to the quality system;
- Conduct periodic flight operation audits, including contracted services & subcontractors and code-share & alliance partners to assure compliance with company policy, IOSA ISARPs and industry /regulatory requirements and reduce the Company’s operations risk exposure;
- Review and compile documentation before and after audits;
- Maintain all the flight operation quality records and documentation in line with the corporate quality requirements;
- Prepare reports for senior management evaluations and ensure that appropriate corrective actions are carried out;
- Control and coordinate quality training in flight operations department;
- While maintaining audit independence, liaise with all station managers and flight operation managers on quality issues;
- Notify all flight operations managers and where applicable, station managers, of observed areas of non-compliance and ensure approved corrective actions are carried out within the stipulated time-scales;
- Liaise with KCAA on matters relating to flight operations.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Technically qualified person in the field of aircraft maintenance or flight operations
- Must have successfully completed a training and received certification in Quality management/Audit Techniques and Safety Management Systems recognized by the Authority;
- Thorough working knowledge of airline operations, Quality Management System principles, Kenya Civil Aviation Regulations and IATA standards;
- Experience in maintaining and enhancing corporate safety standards and safe operational practices, preferred;
Minimum Years Of Experience And Skills
- At least three (3) years’ work experience in the field of aircraft maintenance or flight operations or ground operations; and
- At least 1 year experience in aviation safety or internal evaluation/auditing;
- Experience in writing reports and manuals
Role Purpose Statement
To provide the personnel opportunity to develop their expertise in aviation security by exposing them to practical experience in Protection of the aircraft, passengers, baggage, cargo and company property against acts of unlawful interference including terrorism, sabotage, drug trafficking and theft.
- Prevent unauthorized people and vehicle from accessing the aircraft and its environment.
- Prevent unauthorized and unsterilized items from being loaded or carried in the aircraft holds and cabin.
- Conduct pre/post flight cabin checks and file copies of the same for reference to ensure detection of suspicious items.
- Conduct search on staff to ensure security of passenger baggage, courier, mail, cargo and in-flight materials before and after handling.
- Safely handle and secure lost and found property until reunion with rightful owners to enhance customer confidence.
- Monitor and scrutinize movements of company property into and out of operational areas to detect and prevent theft.
- Ensure that 3rd Party security staff are alert and perform their duties as per KQ requirements.
- Secure and account for exhibits obtained from apprehended suspects.
- Report all security incidents or information of security nature to the Security Team Leader, his superiors and/or relevant Law Enforcement Officers for necessary action.
- Report and Respond to safety emergency incidents promptly to ensure minimum casualties.
- Adhere to safety requirements and report all safety incidents in operations to ensure safer working environment.
- Assist in Escorting aircrafts and passengers as may be dictated by the business requirement to ensure safety and security of aircraft, crew and passenger & their baggage.
- Prevent pilferage from Customer baggage and uplift of in-flight store
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
KCSE or an equivalent qualification – mean graded C plain.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- KCSE or an equivalent qualification – mean graded C plain.
- 2 years of relevant security experience.
- High level of Integrity and Honesty
- Knowledge in any aviation field, computer and corporate security is added advantage
- Hard working, confident and assertive
- Ability to learn, interpret and apply the skills several positions
Training after Employment
- Corporate Induction
- AVSEC 123 Basic
- DGR CAT 12
- Safety Management System
- X-ray screener training
- KCAA Security/Screener Certification
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.