Legal Manager at Dubai Islamic Bank
Posted on: 11 September, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Dubai Islamic Bank
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Dubai Islamic Bank has the unique distinction of being the world’s first full Islamic bank, a pioneering institution that has combined the best of traditional Islamic values with the technology and innovation that characterise modern financial institution. Since its formation in 1975, Dubai Islamic Bank has established itself as the undisputed leader in its field, setting the standards for others to follow as the trend towards Islamic banking gathers momentum in the global arena.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Law or equivalent from a recognized institution.Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya
- 5-6 years’ relevant experience in a banking environment or a busy corporate/commercial practice
- Excellent legal drafting skills.
- High English command (Writing, speaking, Listening)
- Analytical skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Support the Bank by providing legal services, identifying and managing legal risk in Kenya and liaising directly with the Bank’s business and support units as appropriate.
- Drafting and reviewing bank-wide legal related documentation including securities and contracts
- From time to time conduct review of financing proposals and suggest best possible legal structure and documentation for deal transactions
- Providing guidance to management/the Bank on the law, legal matters, rules and regulations affecting the Bank, its projects and its operations and ensuring legal compliance thereof
- Drafting and implementing the Legal Department’s policies, processes and procedures
- Providing bank-wide legal support and service.
- Regularly updating the Management with regard to the status of the legal issues being handled and properly liaise towards delivering regular legal controls
- Monitoring and following up on Kenyan legislation as well as advising the Bank on the impact of existing and newly enacted legislation on the Bank’s overall activities
- Liaising with and providing full support and assistance to the external professionals on all legal documentation including securities on behalf of the Bank
- Liaise as required with external lawyers and assist in the preparation of the required pleadings and regularly update the litigation report.
- Coordinating with and providing support to the Company Secretary & Head of Legal in carrying out various functions in support of the Board and the Bank
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Dubai Islamic Bank career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Dubai Islamic BankSimilar Jobs
- Creative Intern at Lipa Later
- Alternative Channels Manager at Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- Associate at CrossBoundary
- Latest Vacancies at KUSCCO
- Quality Assurance Engineer at 4G Capital
- Latest Recruitment at Momentum Credit
- Human Resources & Administration Manager at Root Capital
- Head of Research and Development at Metropol Corporation Ltd