If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
CEFA – the European Committee for Training and Agriculture (Comitato Europeo per la Formazione e l’Agricoltura) is an Italian INGO established in 1972, and active in 10 countries across Africa, Latin America and Europe. CEFA lays its foundation on the principles of solidarity and cooperation between different regions of the world in the name of Justice, Human rights and Peace. CEFA believes in the development of communities and local institutions, aiming to improve families’ living conditions and communities’ economies through capacity building, awareness raising and advocacy for the protection of vulnerable person’s and their fundamental human rights.
Duration of the contract: 2 weeks
Start date: As soon as possible.
Brief outline of the project:
CEFA was awarded the mandate to run an EU funded project dubbed: - European instrument for Democracy and Human rights (EIDHR). The project aims to support civil society actions, in strengthening the Criminal Justice System in Kenya. The project is carried out in collaboration with the main criminal justice actors in Kenya and is implemented within the countries' correctional facilities, in partnership with others stakeholders. CEFA is therefore seeking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant to support the project team in achieving the objectives of this project.
- With the support of program staff, plan for and execute M&E, including data collection, developing M&E tools, data management and analysis;
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems;
- Travel as required in different counties within the country
- Develop and submit a final report
EDUCATION, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences, Business Administration or International relations and/or development related fields
- At least five (5) years relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation, with experience on Human Rights issues
- Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to write reports
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical persons
- Advanced knowledge and experience of standard Monitoring and Evaluation procedures and tools
- Experience on M&E in Kenya
- Experience on M&E in detention facilities
- Good understanding of donor requirements, with previous experience on EU funded projects being a strong advantage
- Experience working with statistical computer software packages
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative) examining information
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Preferably, previous work experience with EU and in Kenya’s Prisons and detention facilities.
Method of Application
Please send your CV, along with three (3) references, by 17 September 2018 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org