Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading Banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and Congo, Equity Bank is now home to more than 11 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role of Project Manager within the SME Banking function.
Reporting to the GM for SME Banking of EBKL, the Project Manager will lead various projects under EBKL’s transformation into an SME focused bank. Projects will be mainly related to the digital transformation of SME Banking, keeping procedures up to date, coordinating initiatives to improve staff productivity, developing a better customer value proposition with product packages and improved services and delivery channels.
- Maintaining oversight over a portfolio of projects and initiatives that constitute the strategic initiatives for SME Banking.
- Providing professional Project Management support to strategic initiatives, setup capable delivery units to execute on the business outcomes of identified initiatives.
- Ensuring disciplined project management across the portfolio, and ensures that projects conform to proper standards.
- Reviewing business case, financial projections and analysis developed by Business units and Business Analysts and ensures that all required and relevant elements are captured.
- Ensuring an integrated and well planned project portfolio, logical project sequencing, adequate project resourcing, effective project risk management and eliminate resource and efforts duplication.
- Developing mechanisms to drive effective replication and redeployment of closed initiatives for new initiatives.
- Ensuring proper development and execution of leadership development programs.
- Detecting and escalating issues to the appropriate unit or authority for resolution.
- Managing initiative interdependencies and liaise with the Project Managers of on-going initiatives to share resources across projects.
- Ensuring proper closure and hand off of projects to business units or smooth transfer into the operating portfolio.
- Working closely with business units to detect strategic business needs and co-develop appropriate initiatives as needed.
- Co-developing communication and change management programs with the appropriate functions across the enterprise and ensures proper execution.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in business management, project management, or related field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a financial institution, with strong understanding of overall banking operations, systems, and processes.
- At least two years’ experience in project management, preferably in enterprise-wide projects requiring significant collaboration across different business units.
- Experience engaging management and senior executives in facilitating decision-making and reporting on progress.
- Ability to proactively assess project status and highlight risks and issues to the project management team and senior management.
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to quickly identify interdependencies across many projects.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate with different individuals across the business to problem-solve issues, develop recommendations, and execute on next steps.
- Excellent financial, business understanding and acumen, and numerical skills.
- Ability to coach, mentor, train and transfer skills to others.
- Adherence to a code of conduct and ethical guidelines.
- Excellent computer literacy including standard office applications such as MS Office packages Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Database/Access as well as project management software.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Equity Bank Kenya career website on www.linkedin.com to apply