The Aga khan Academy, Mombasa is an International Baccalaureate World School Which seeks to provide students of all background from primary to higher secondary with an education of the highest standard in order to prepare them for lives characterized by leadership and service. The Academy seeks to recruit ideal candidates for the following position.
Reports to: Academic Development Manager
The student Leadership Programme & Theory of Knowledge Manager is responsible for supporting the Aga Khan Academies' in reviewing and developing the TOK and Leadership Curriculum, ensuring common learning outcomes across the network of Academies and adapting to the local context and culture.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review of the current Year 9 and Year 10 curriculum at the Aga Khan Academy Mombasa, Identifying areas of strength and weakness and putting in place short-term improvements for the 2016-19 academic year.
- Create an overarching set of learning outcomes for the network-wide Leadership curriculum, in consultation with the Academic Development Manager.
- Create an overview/curriculum map for the network wide Leadership curriculum, which can be implemented within the different curriculum structures and frameworks found across the network.
- Provide ongoing support for the teachers implementing the Leadership Curriculum at the Aga Khan Academy Maputo
- Support Professional Development sessions run for teachers by Leadership Programme Co-ordinators at the Academies.
- Develop TOK programme and support team of teachers in delivery of the curriculum
Qualifications & Experience
- Master's in Education with emphasis on leadership.
- Five years' experience in IB Curriculum Development and TOK teaching
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated abilities in leadership
go to method of application »
Reports To: Junior School Principal
Music Teacher will be playing a central role in raising the standards of student attainment and achievement in Music, monitor, and support student progress.
Duties & responsibilities
- Effective delivery of the PYP music programs.
- Integrates the AK Strands in the teaching and learning process.
- Organization and management of teaching and learning resources.
- Teach students how to sing or play instruments, such as piano, recorders or xylophones.
- Contribution to the development of enrichment and residential experiences for students.
Qualifications & experience
- A bachelor's degree with teaching qualification
- Must be registered with Kenya Teachers Service Commission (TSC)
- Have Minimum of 2 years' experience in the subject area
- Experience in teaching the IB curriculum or any inquiry -based, student centred curriculum have an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, detailed curriculum vitae names of at least three contactable referees and a Copy of their TSC Certificate before October 17, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The Aga Khan Academy,
Mombasa, Mbuyuni Road, Kizingo,
P.O. Box 90066 80100, Mombasa.