If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical practice.
Reporting to the Director – Medical Services & Research, The Specialists and Senior Registrars will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Provision of quality patient care.
- Undertaking clinical procedures and examinations.
- Ensuring high standards of evidence based clinical practice.
- Championing continuous quality improvement in clinical practice and service delivery.
- Spearheading research and development.
- Participating in Continuous Medical Education.
- Ensuring seamless interfaces between the clinical department and other functions.
- Championing team practice and participating in family conference.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Master of Medicine in any of the listed specialist areas:
- Internal Medicine
- Registration by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
- Valid private practice and annual licenses.
- Possession of professional indemnity.
- Sound diagnostic skills and judgment.
- Detail orientated.
- Advance Cardiac Life Support, Advance Trauma Life Support, Paediatric Advanced Life Support
go to method of application »
Reporting to the Team Leader – CCU, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing curative, superior interventional and preventative medical care in the critical care unit.
- Ethically reviewing and instituting appropriate therapeutic interventions for patients admitted to critical care units or requiring critical care across the hospital.
- Reviewing patients in other units where CCU / HDU support is needed and making appropriate decisions on interventions required.
- Assisting in coaching and mentoring of nursing staff on various aspects of critical care and management of critical illness.
- Performing medical procedures expected of a CCU medical officer.
- Ensuring that high standards of diagnostic accuracy and patient care are maintained
- Preparing medical reports and other clinical documents as required
- Ensuring professionalism and timeliness in handling of clients at both individual and departmental level
- Participating in continuous medical education and the development of departmental clinical protocols, quality improvement plans, and initiatives
- Participating in research, clinical audits and review programmes for the department
- Ensuring consistency in the clinical protocols and provision of care.
- Ensuring regular and adequate communication with patients and relatives on clinical progress.
- Advocating for excellent patient care and outcomes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Valid private practice and annual license
- Advance Cardiac Life Support, Advance Trauma Life Support, Paediatric Advanced Life Support (added advantage).
- Sound diagnostic skills and judgment
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective communication skills
- Detailed oriented and good interpersonal relations.
- Must be well organized and have the ability to plan ahead and deal with care issues as they arise.
- Must be thorough and proactive to ensure quality care and positive outcome.
- Must be able to work closely with a multi-disciplinary team.
Method of Application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application to quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be received not later than 24th October 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.