If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Anglican Development Services North Rift Region, Kenya, invites qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Station: Head Quarters
Reporting to: Executive Director
Term: 5 years fixed term
The Position: The Finance Officer, reports to the Executive Director (ED) and will perform the primary day-to-day responsibility for Planning, Implementing, Managing and controlling financial-related activities of the Food Security and Climate Change Adaptation (FOSSECA) project, other Projects and ADS-NRR as an Institution in consultation with the ED.
- Provide leadership in development for the continuous evaluation of FOSECCA project financial objectives
- Ensure credible and accurate ADS’s financial statements by providing timely and accurate analysis of organisation financial trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations for the projection of future revenues and expenses
- Assist the ED and HR in developing, implementing and managing a comprehensive job cost system
- Direct and oversee ADS’s Finance and Accounting functions in consultation with the ED
- Ensure all statutory and non-statutory deductions are made properly, promptly and remitted to the respective authorities as required by law
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of ADS long-range planning with financial implications and propose appropriate strategy(ies) and regulatory action
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with ADS management team to ensure full range projects delivery
- Advise the Management Team on all matters with financial implications to the organization
- Advise management on processes for financial forecasting, budgets, consolidating and reporting to the organization
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities for ADS North Rift
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place, compliance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and applicable financial regulations and rules for financial reporting and compliance to tax reporting.
- Coordinate all external audits. Ensure that recommendations as well corrections identified are implemented
- Ensure that the Organisation complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that the audited accounts are tabled before the board and respective funding partners promptly as scheduled
- Ensure that the audited accounts are filed with the registrar of companies on a timely basis.
- Monitor ADS overall liquidity and cash flow position and advise management on a timely basis
- Ensure the ADS Asset Register is up to date
- Ensure monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports including monthly bank reconciliation are done on timely basis and presented to the ED for approval and signing
- Maintain and share monthly management accounts and management information with the appropriate managers and budget holders for monitoring and management control.
- Professional qualification such as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or its equivalent
- Be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), in good standing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- At least 5 years’ proven work experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles(s), audit or management of donor funds at a senior position.
- Must meet all requirements of chapter 6 of the constitution
– Clearance Certificate from HELB
– Tax Compliance certificate
– Certificate of Good conduct
– Credit bureau clearance certificate
– EACC clearance
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Business Administration is an added advantage
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to manage a variety of large tasks with competing timelines and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with clients and co-workers at remote locations
- Strong problem solving and creative skills; ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability; results oriented
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems and procedures – relevant knowledge and experience in preparation of donor reports
- Willing and able to make and execute hard decisions – own the process, own the strategy, own the outcomes
Other Skills & Abilities
- Practical experience in computer applications (MS Office and Internet use)
- Proficiency in Information Technology (IT) Financial Management Systems and Software applications i.e. QuickBooks
Method of Application
If you are interested and meet the stated requirements send your:
- Application letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV),
- Copies of your certificates and testimonials
- Three (3) Recommendation letters one being from your pastor to:
The Executive Director
ADS North Rift Region,
P.O Box 6495-30100
OR email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your application to reach the undersigned by 5:00 pm on Monday, 19th November 2018.