General Manager at Rafikiz Bar and Lounge
Posted on: 4 December, 2018
Deadline: 21 December, 2018
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Rafikiz Bar and Lounge
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Rafikiz Bar & Lounge is recruiting to fill the below role:
Directs all Bar and Lounge operations, and assesses, evaluates and meets the short and long-term needs to ensure its success.
- Develops and implements the strategic plan, marketing plan, budget and Goals program to ensure on an on-going basis optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability.
- Ensures highest level of guest satisfaction by providing, within corporate standards, quality guest services and amenities.
- Manages the function of all Bar and Lounge personnel through supervision of second in command and, directly or indirectly, of Bar and Lounge department heads.
- Monitors present and future trends, practices and systems in the Bar and Lounge industry and determines ad ensure execution of competitive programs.
- Participates actively in selling his Bar and Lounge through personal involvement with all potentials markets
- Conducts weekly inspections and ensures physical facilities are kept in optimal condition by full implementation of preventive maintenance programs and judicious planning
- Oversees and directs the personnel function of the Bar and Lounge including recruitment, hiring, orientation, coaching, counseling, training wage and salary administration, labor relations, performance appraisal and succession planning.
- Is responsible for security and safety of guest and employees and ensures emergency procedures are established, well publicized, practiced and enforced.
- Implements Management Development and Succession Plans in coordination with Corporate and Divisional staff and recommends high quality management candidates.
- Monitors applicable laws and regulations and ensures compliance.
- Established and maintains effective internal communication including weekly department head meeting to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
- Establishes and maintains a prominent level of visibility and involvement in his property and in business, social and governmental communities.
- Establishes and maintain effective employee relations
- Installs and monitors cash management programs including inventories and receivables
- Develops recognition programs, advertising and promotion campaigns to obtain greatest market awareness and patronage
- Reviews energy conservation programs to ensure minimum energy and utility consumption without sacrificing human comfort.
- Monitors purchasing practices to ensure compliance with IHC policy and procedures
- Contributes to LRH growth by identifying communication potential development opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with owning company and keeps fully aware of its organizations and operating structures.
- Performs other assignments as defined by the needs of the property or as directed by supervisors
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management or Bachelor of Commerce Finance and Management Degree.
- 5-7 years working experience in Operations.
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Proven skills in business & financial management.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a proactively diverse organisation.
- Excellent proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of management, organizational control, and effective supervision.
- Working knowledge of travel industry practices, regulatory requirements, marketing, sales, and customer service methods and procedures.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should email their CV and Application letter only to; firstname.lastname@example.org Cc to email@example.com so as to reach us by 21st December 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
State the job and your expected salary on the subject line.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Rafikiz Bar and LoungeSimilar Jobs
- Food & Beverage Supervisor at Royal Nairobi Golf Club
- Room Attendant at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Spa Therapist (Seasonal) at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Research Assistant at Lewa Wildlife Conservancy
- Current Job Openings at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Chef de Partie at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts